1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Sensitive Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jun 30, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Emotionally sentsetive?probably not very much.....i'm not stoic but...long story.

Though there are things that get to me and sometimes have an effect on my emotions.

-something that proves my thougths on things fundamentally wrong

-People criticising my efficiency (especially if they have a point or are people of authority or which i look up to)

-and completely loosing or being helpless on a physical level i guess.

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I can be sensitive. I want to get revenge, if someone tries to hurt my feelings or screw me over financially. Sometimes I even feel offended on behalf of other people that got hurt.

I don't like arguments, especially because I might get carried away. For example, I might try to be objective, but the other person erupts in anger, saying I don't care about them and their "sore ear" or whatever it is this time. I know I should walk away, but it feels like an invitation to play mindgames. If they want to be childish, they're dealing with a professional, lol. I'm learning to be more careful about picking battles.

3. The Wallflower

Very sensitive. I can't take criticism at all, which I know is bad.

I'm reffered to as a "delicate flower" because of this...

4. not very.

but i can take critisism but dwell on it sometimes depending on whats been said.

5. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Depends sometimes I'm not sensitive at all. Insults barely scratch me and real life things rarely make me cry but sometimes I just get random emotional breakdowns.

6. TheStormInside

I'm very emotionally sensitive. Slight comments or even perceived negativity can send me reeling. It's something I'm not exactly proud of, and I work to control. On the other hand, I do think I can be pretty sensitive to others' issues for this reason, so there is some positive that comes of it.

Oddly I am also quite physically sensitive, too, in that I am very sensitive to noise and to scents, and I'm easily overstimulated by crowds or a lot of activity.

I'm not easily offended, however, nor am I argumentative or quick to anger. I tend to have a "to each his own" mentality, and I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree, in most cases.

7. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

It depends on what is being said or done. And, I'm more sensitive when it comes to things said or done by the people closest to me.

Arguments also depend on what is being said or done, I tend to keep to myself unless I feel very, very strongly about something.

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty sensitive, but certain things more than others.
    For example, if people I don't know talk sh** about me I don't care. If people I do know do so, I get very upset at them.
    I also am very sensitive when I offend someone. I feel increasingly guilty, it takes a loooong time to get off my mind and I overthink apologizing and think I will sound fake so I don't and come across as insensitive. If I do apologize I get anxious.

9. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm very sensitive. Unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This sounds like an advertisement with me as the target audience. Do I win something? What do I win?

11. Posthuman666

Im not prone to arguments at all, but I do get offended if people make fun of someones sexual/romantic orientation, gender, religion, lifestyle, personality, etc.

Someone can call me a fat bitch all day long and I won't bat an eye, but if they bring up my religion or orientation and gender, no holds are barred.

I am very sensitive, but not to stupid people.

Emotionally, Im nothing less of an emotional wreck

12. specificallyme

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm hardly argumentative, and I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. I can laugh things off and be pretty mellow.

I cry about a lot of things, tho. :/
    I'm get emotionally attached to animals quickly.

13. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, guilty as charged.

I mean, shit, I manage to cry at Hallmark commercials. Who the hell does something like that?

And yeah, I'll admit that I don't handle arguments well. The minute someone seems to be attacking me and not my argument/what we're fighting over, I just see red.

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very extremely sensitive. I take most things personally. Even constructive criticism gets to me. I have anger issues and am sensitive to noise. It's pretty easy to upset me. Simple things that other people would dismiss, gets under my skin. I know I'm irrational most of the time. I've been a moody child, moody teenager and now I'm a moody adult...

On the other side of the coin, I'm very emotional too. Simple things trigger a cry response. And I cry when I'm really angry too, which just makes me angrier. I see it as a weakness. That said, I do allow myself to cry from time to time, I just don't like it much.

#34 Ruby Dragon, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  15. BelleFromHell

Yes. My feelings get hurt very easily, and I'm always convincing myself that everyone hates me and is out to get me. I can't even look people in the eye because I've been told that my face looks weird/angry/sad/nervous/rude when I talk, and I can just feel people judging the hell out of me whenever I do look them in the eye. It feels awful.

To quote Japan from Hetalia (I know, I talk about that WAY too much), I like to "sense the mood and refrain from speaking", which can minimize the chances of someone saying something hurtful to me (although it can still happen no matter what).

The world is super shitty; the YouTube comment section is enough to prove that. I barely read the comment section anymore because the comments make me feel so terrible, and you couldn't pay me to actually post one myself (unless we're talking triple digits).

I think my sensitivity has contributed a lot to my anxiety. If I didn't care so much about what other people think, I wouldn't be afraid to say what is on my mind. I can't even read comments or responses on my social media pages without getting nervous, and it can take me days or even months to come up with the courage to respond, which is one reason why it usually takes me forever to reply to messages.

I cry a lot also, and I go out of my way to hide things that will make people think badly of me, such as the music I listen to. No one in my family (other than a god-sister or two) knows what kinds of music I listen to, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Sorry if I'm rambling. It's 3:34AM here; I should be asleep.

16. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In regards to myself i generally could careless what people thought or said to me. I usually only get upset if i feel like someone i care about is being threatened in any way. Its hard for me to open up.

17. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

There's nothing anyone on the internet can do to hurt me. Other than that, it depends on the topic. I'm pretty easy going so it's hard to get me mad.

18. Vause

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so so so sensitive but try to hide it until I'm alone then I'll maybe cry. I'm also not to o easily offended but can get argumentive, depends on my mood lol.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My love.

<3

20. asphalt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i used to be incredibly over-sensitive. as a kid, if anyone even mildly poked at me it shredded me on the inside. then shit happened and i shut down pretty hard, though for a while it was total lack of emotion interspersed with violent rage tantrums that involved breaking a lot of stuff because i couldn't handle emotionally volatile situations. i'm generally pretty level now, intensity hits me, like bits of music, pieces of writing, random snapshots of life, like unexpected kindness or displaced beauty, but i don't really react to things that should technically make me emotional. i've been accused of being very cold during arguments, but i struggle with responding sympathetically to overt displays of offence or upset, which i find completely unnecessary. i can't talk to someone wailing and sobbing, though i'm prepared to comfort someone if they're distressed with something that ain't about a debate or a fight. but i'm pretty comfortable calling someone on bullshit or challenging ignorant statements, though i've been told i don't always go about this with the most tactful attitude.