1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you have that, "oh. I'm a lesbian" moment?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by VTH, Jun 29, 2015.

1. VTH

VTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm just curious to all the other lesbians out there. If you got that, "Oh s#$! I'm gay moment" how did that come about?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Looked up straight sex and I thought it looked disgusting and painful LOL

3. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my gosh.. This is a long and complicated story. But lets shorten it and leave out a lot of the explaining:

Fell in love long distance
    After three months of dating she admitted she was a girl
    I searched myself then and identified as straight with an exception
    Allowed myself to start feeling for her deeply and eventually had thought of her sexually
    Realized it was a turn on :wink:
    Got really confused
    Thought about my past instances of "appreciation" for female bodies and other thoughts I'd explained away as just fluke things
    Accepted that... Well s@$* I'm queer :slight_smile:

4. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Yup, I definitely had many "oh sh*t I'm gay" moments. The first one was about six months ago, when a guy asked me out and I started getting very nervous because I thought that if we dated we would eventually have sex, and I could never picture myself having sex with a guy.
    At that point something clicked in my head and I started thinking about many things from my past that I couldn't explain, and so there were many more "oh sh*t I'm gay" moments :wink:

5. BelleFromHell

Hearing about straight sex on TV or in music always grossed me out, and I never saw the appeal of it. Then, once I discovered what lesbian sex was, I thought; "Hey, I could see myself doing this!"

I also became romantically attached to a friend of mine who turned out to be straight shortly before the "I'm a lesbian" moment. That wasn't pleasant.

6. Nelly1

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I looked up what lesbianism was!

(I knew what it was, I just wasn't aware of the emotions you had if you were gay. Does that make sense?)

7. and323

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was deeply in denial but noticed myself appreciating female celebrities and girls in general more than I appreciated guys. I could point at a female celeb and think that they were seriously hot and I'd feel an attraction towards them - but I felt that way towards 0% of guy celebrities. I think that was my moment of "what if". I then allowed myself to open up my mind and look at girls in my every day life in the way I always thought I should be looking at guys and right away realized what I'd been missing. I immediately saw a girl in one of my classes and thought "welp that confirms that theory", because it was just so easy in a way it never was with guys.

8. ApexxShadow

I like couldn't ever picture myself with a man. Then, one day it just kinda hit me and I was like

"oh shit I'm gay."

9. bi2me

I realized I was bi after spending a few days with my best friend whom I hadn't seen much in a bunch of years. It came as a shock, even given our history. (It's on my blog.)

10. HarmfulLoverX

lol, hahah same XD I thought my eyes were gonna bleed to death cx c: (!):lol:

11. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kinda watched 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and then... bam.

12. siriuslypadfoot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was some Sherlock cosplayer on tumblr who's blog I could not stay off of. And then I found her friend who was even cuter. And I couldn't figure out why I was so obsessed with their blogs and then I remembered that weird crush-like feeling I had on a lesbian camp counselor earlier that summer sort of made everything click.

13. TheStormInside

Well, I fell asleep during "Magic Mike," so... :lol:

14. mapleluv

I did, although I'm currently back to questioning it (apparently my commitment issues extend to my sexual orientation).

I never even considered being a lesbian an option until the morning I woke up next to my first female lover. And I just remember rolling over & looking at her & just thinking, quote, "Well sh*t, apparently I'm a dyke. That sure explains a lot."

Being with her was so totally unlike anything I've ever experienced with men, it was definitely a "duh" moment. Wish I could experience it over again to remind myself!

15. confusedbubble

Becoming close to a female work colleague used to go out clubbing loads and I'd stop at her house afterwards (shared her bed doing nothing) as I lay there she rolled over and placed her arm round me it hit me liked her more than a friend we'd usually chill on the sofa the next day and she used to snuggle into me Sometimes or I'd rest my arm on her leg without doing anything, one day I made a move wrapped my arms round her and told her I liked her and the rest we shall say is history.

16. Tetra

I was lying on a couch in the early hours of the morning, staring at the ceiling and just kind of thinking about my life and my future. Anyways, it just kind of hit me and everything about my life started to make sense. That's when I started the process of acceptance.

17. mochii

so many..

my biggest was trying sex with a couple of different men throughout college and thinking 'this feels good, but is as exciting as having sex with a cardboard box.' same went for kissing random guys at bars.

a few months ago, i walked downstairs to my gay roommate, who i have NEVER found attractive, in her emt uniform and the power of gay came over me and i was totally entranced by her and she did her typical butt slap to say goodbye to us and i got hot flashes and my roommates were like are you okay?? and i was like "yeah ha ha" and i got my shit together and walked upstairs and was like "yeah i'm gay."

i think it took so long to realize these oh shit moments because i really had to compare the way i saw men to the way my straight girl friends did. the more my college friends talked about men abs and muscles and "he's so hot," and the more i accepted the idea of being gay, i came to realize that i was not attracted to men at all, and was solely attracted to women.

But it has taken me almost 22 years to arrive at that collective OH S#$! moment, which at this point is more of a peaceful "okay yeah it all makes sense now."

18. benefit25

This woke so many feelings inside me. But i still dont find women relationship material. i dont think it would work forever.:icon_sad:

19. mochii

You know I have yet to feel too strongly about another woman in a romantic sense either, besides a strong friendship and attraction I had to my best friend that continued from middle school through high school. But I'm remaining hopeful of the chance that I can feel a complete relationship with another woman. I feel like what's stopping me is internalized homophobia and heteronormativity. Either way, I am completely sure that I will never be fully emotionally/sexually attracted to a man, and I am relieved to feel like I don't need to try with men anymore. So that's what's keeping me happy for now, I already feel more myself.

20. Oh Lilac

This is quite an eye-opening thread. I have experienced these without realizing it or defining it. Reflecting back on these moments, my Oh Shit moment is... Right now! Lol.

For example, I'm more visually drawn, and mostly have been, toward women. I have RARELY been turned on by men's body parts (of course, can always appreciate aesthetics). Sex has not felt very good with men... But my first time with a woman was like rockets! Even kissing brought about shooting stars.

#20 Oh Lilac, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015