1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i study about psychology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I' m a civil engineer who have always been interested in human behaviour, and i just realized i could use this interest on my career. So i want to know whci books and topics should i follow to merge this interest with my career. Something related to leadership, work relations, client behaviour patterns, and of course the relationship i have with myself. Anything that could help me work and develop in my career while i interact with clients, coworkers, bosses, burocrats, employees, construction workers, etc... I would be grateful if i could get some guidance in this topic, in order to know whic direction to take (specifici books, authors, key topics)

Thank you in advance. I hope, ehat im asking is clesr enought, as i know my thread id a bit all over the place.

Note: We could say i have a triangle of interest composed by construction, finances and people.

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Check out Industrial and Organizational Psychology IO Psyche), consumer psyche, or even an obvious one like economic Psychology.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Second xylax's I/O Psychology. Workplace and management psychology falls under that umbrella. Maybe some look for some personality. Check the library and used textbook sellers to see if you can get some solid intro textbooks. I don't have any titles or authors for you (my education is targeted toward physiological and clinical psych) but I'm sure there's more resources out there than I could ever cover.