1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Street Cat Named Bob

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by starlights, Jun 26, 2015.

1. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Has anyone else read this? It's a really cute book about a guy who was a recovering heroin addict and could barely take care of himself when he found an injured tabby cat in the hallway of his apartment building and nursed him back to health. The book is about how he adopted the cat, named him Bob, how Bob helped him turn his life around, and how they helped each other.

Any cat lover would like this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Cat-Named-Bob-Saved/dp/1250048672

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum has been talking about this book for ages! I should read it I suppose. I guess I'm not usually someone who's in to heartwarming stories. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm clearly heartless!

3. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's really big in the UK...the author, James Bowden, used to busk in London and later sell the Big Issue while Bob was sitting on his shoulder. They became like mini-celebrities, and a ton of people knew them from just seeing them in the city. Then the book came out and that changed everything.

It's a heartwarming story but it's not overly sweet like a Mitch Albom book or a Hallmark special lol.