1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you see yourself raising children one day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 25, 2015.

1. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Yes, and I would attempt to rear the child to become the future Antichrist, of course. It's an interesting fantasy, and I think that the goal of bringing about global apocalypse would be salutary to my motivation and energy.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You might be too late.

In my mid-teens, a church youth pastor told my youth pastor during a co-event, while knowingly within hearing range, that I was the Anti-Christ. Dead. Fucking. Serious. I was banned from that other youth pastor's church by an actual congregation (those who ran the church, not the members) vote, and though it has been a little more than a decade, that ban still holds (I think; haven't really cared enough to investigate that).

Yeah, I've been banned from a church, LOL.

4. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    YES!!! :slight_smile:

I've always wanted kids, and now that I have a little niece I want kids even more. She's adorable, and so much fun, and I'm really good at taking care of her. I look forward to babysitting every time.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You must have performed a most heinous act, like asking skeptical question or something?

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Not really. Perhaps babysitting my siblings kids but not raising hobbits of my own.

7. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why do people have to be so cruel, unkind and horrible. It is their loss, not only having you, but because of their own narrowmindedness. They're the anti-christ, condoning, and being hateful. :tantrum:
    I say you are a good person, being honest with other people, and being yourself.

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Undecided. As I get older, I lean more toward wanting kid(s). I'm not great with kids -- well, I haven't had to interact with them in years -- but I think you figure it out when you have your own. We'll have to see.

9. Rainbows~Exist

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Perhaps she actually is the Antichrist? Hmm.

May I have your autograph, Kaiser? I've never met a real Antichrist before.

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. BiKate

Some days I think I'd rather just have dogs. But really, yeah I'll end up having them one day hopefully. Probably two. I keep thinking if I had a girlfriend it would be cool to both get sperm donors and try to get pregnant at the same time, but then I remember that we'd both be crabby at each other during the pregnancies, one would have to give birth, and then soon after help the other one to the hospital to give birth and it would be awful. And we'd probably end up with three kids since due to my weird family pattern with twins I'm pretty much destined to end up having twins.

But yeah babies are cute and I really want my own kids one day but I want to live a child free life for myself first.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    99% sure yes :slight_smile: Adopt. My motherly instincts started ticking quite some time ago.

14. woahthatsboring

Wow, this is a great question :slight_smile: growing up, I always said "Hell No!" when someone asked and kids are hassle, you have to clean for them, bathe them, feed them, it's really the hardest chore out there haha but I now can say I would love to have kids. I actually want at least 4. Growing up in a large family it sort of just passes down on you. Plus, I would like a mini me :wink: I think it's all really beautiful, you watch them grow and devolp from a tiny little being to someone who can achieve their dreams. It's really just a preference. I know a friend of mine grew up in a large family too and she can't stand the idea of having kids but I find it wonderful that I've always wanted the white picket fence family :slight_smile:

15. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely see myself having a child one day... I love children and sprending time with them. My siblings all have children and they are a huge part of my life so I'm looking forward to having a little one running round when I've met theright person and we're settled :slight_smile:

16. Foz

Foz Guest

I can't imagine not having kids, not being able to have my own kids was the hardest thing for me to cope with in the whole coming out process. Yes they can be disgusting little brats but I love them.

17. ouji

ouji Guest

Right now? I'm not really ready for kids. Maybe down the line I will want kids.

18. LynFl3n

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  19. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always saw myself not having kids, but I often wonder how much of that is just because being gay sort of skewed my life projections away from that idea when I was growing up in the 90s and 00s. Likewise, so many of my straight friends seem to want kids just because "that's what you do!". They see it as almost inevitable. It would be nice to see where we'd all stand on the issue if we weren't fettered by our sexuality. Hm, maybe some decade.

There are aspects of parenthood that seem appealing to me, but ultimately I think I'd probably not deal well with the stress of it all. No kids for me, I think. And my husband is pretty set in that thinking, too.

20. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it was born in the same manner as Thumbelina, was a baby for one day, and then magically turned into an 18 year old who was moved out of the house? Then yes. Otherwise no.

Unfortunately I somehow have this nagging 1% that is in the back of my mind. Who will make sure I'm okay in my old age? Who will care about me?

In the long run I think I'd rather regret not having kids than regret having them.

My mom likes to joke about me having a baby and that she will raise it for 18 years and I can do my own thing, and then come back and be a parent.

#40 XenaxGabby, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015