1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Who's Still Carrying their V-Card?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starwind78, Jun 25, 2015.

1. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a virgin, but it is not a problem or something that bothers me in the slightest.

2. Jellal

Dude my V Card is like a triple star Hunter License, it gives me expertise over multiple virgin fields and the authority to command a legion of lower-caliber virgin followers in my name.

3. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Add me to the virginity-is-a-stupid-concept bandwagon. That thing is totally made up. I felt exactly 0% different after I had sex for the first time. There was no transformation. It was just an experience, like many other firsts I've had in my life. No other experience attaches itself to a person's identity in quite this way, and it's high time we stopped putting all that on a person's sexual history.

4. AlexTheGrey

I ate mine. I thought it was chewing gum. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had sex yet.

I do not believe in this V-card, "losing" virginity bs. I am ready, and when time comes it will happen, why it is such a big deal.:icon_bigg

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

But the problem is that the hymen is a really bad indicator of virginity for three reasons:

1. Some women were born without hymens, myself included. Does that mean even as an infant, I had no virginity at all? If I am still a virgin, then I would still be a virgin even if I slept with a man as I have no part of my body to be altered.

2. The hymen can break for non-sexual reasons: Horseback riding, sports, tampons, etc. Do these women lose their virginity to a non-person/object? By this definition, 80% of women are non-virgins before they even sleep with a man since the hymen partially wears away before puberty (if the hymen did not wear away, women would die during menstruation).

3. Technically speaking, a man can stick his penis in a woman's vagina, and the woman can still have a 100% intact hymen with no alterations at all, depending on how thick hers is. Does this mean that many women who have been penetrated by men are still "technically virgins"?

As stated, virginity is a social construct that was about women being claimed the property of men back in the old days, however, in the 21st century it changed to mean someone who has never had sex, which includes men as well. So it definitely means "no sexual contact" these days.

As for why straight people have sex with the same sex and still call themselves "virgins" is due to the fact that straight people think gay sex is inferior and not as "real". Their virginity comes from the fact that they think penis-in-vagina sex is more "real" because It's reproductive. Has nothing to do with the hymen in the straight world, as many straight women with no hymens use this definition, and straight men use this definition for themselves. Furthermore, there are gay men and lesbians who have had heterosexual intercourse and say they are still virgins as well, since that experience did not matter to them.

If you're going to use old-fashioned "original" definitions for the term, you might as well say that marriage doesn't exist for same-sex couples either (as gay marriage was only very very recently even considered in the definition) and you also might as well say that there is no such thing as a married rape victim, since back in the day "raping" your wife did not count as rape or a crime....just normal sex. Definitions change.

7. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Man, sometimes I wish you could upvote posts on this site like Reddit. I almost want to print this out and put it in my wallet.

8. Ashley2103

I am. I am waiting for the right person.

9. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not very organized. I lose things often. My virginity is the one thing I haven't lost.

10. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I still have mine, i want to lose it but can never find a women that likes me i have bouts of thinking that ill die. Virgin. I do t know why but i have a hard time connecting with people i really dont like being touched if i dont really know the person so wlrandom flings arent for me if i could even find a fling. Ive been turned down by every girl i've ever liked when i asked them out of dates so my self-confidence is nil to zero. Im stuck thinking that i am unddisreable

11. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still carrying mine! :slight_smile:

12. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Right? This site badly needs a "like" option :lol:

13. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh man, this post honestly made my day. :lol:

I still have mine.

14. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely still have mine :lol:

15. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. That's why I don't discuss when I shared myself. Intercoursewise. I did other things prior to that. I'm thankful I held off. I have no regrets.

16. Acm

Acm Guest

I haven't even kissed anyone yet. Probably won't happen for a while.

17. JellyfishJam

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha these stories are all great. I'm 24, never had sex, never even been kissed. The most sexual thing that I've done is held hands. I do want to be in a stable relationship before I have sex for the first time but I don't really have anywhere to meet people, I'm a bit shy and don't approach people, and I'm not incredibly attractive so I don't get hit on ever, so I could end up carrying the card for quite a while longer.

18. BiKate

I lost mine to my ex (male). I had only been with him for about a month at the time, but I was well and truly ready, and while he ended up not being a very trustworthy person or a decent partner in the end, we still spent two years together and I'm glad I lost it to him.

I'm yet to try anything at all with a woman though, and lately I feel like I have a preference for them. I think I'll have to be dating them a bit first, being with a girl for the first time is more nerve wracking to me then being with a guy was.

19. Footnerd

Footnerd Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Still a virgin other than self-pleasuring when needed. Shy, alone, introverted extreme, not out, I am more interested in friends and perhaps a friend into my foot/needle fetish rather than anything to do with full on sex. Not a priority. For those waiting until the time and chemistry is right, good for you, that's the way it should be, not a big fan of this who thing of just having sex because you have to. It's an intimate thing that should happen when things are just right.

20. MetalRice

I am still a virgin; through I wouldn't certainly mind not being one.