1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with straight crushes when closeted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sek, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

You may have assumed that I mean when YOU have a crush on someone straight and they can't return the feelings. But no! I mean when a straight person has a crush on you and you can't return the feelings, but can't say why.

I am going through this now with someone at work. She is lovely (if not a little crazy..) and she has admitted to having a crush on me. I would love to come out but the managers are openly homophobic and I don't want to put myself in a position I don't have to be in, because I'm just there to do a job.

So how do you deal with straight people crushing on you when you can't come out? :slight_smile:

2. RedHeadHatter

Assexuality isn't that bad in the environment I live in, so if someone has a crush on me I just tell them I am asexual and aromantic.

3. Psaurus918

This. People tend to be okay with people having NO sexual preference than people who like the same sex.

4. Justinian20

Well I had one situation here, she made me her boyfriend without even consulting me, so the next day I dumped her because it felt wrong cause I felt nothing around her and I was just doing what felt right. I did say that I was asexual a lot in high school.

5. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff!!

it happens a lot
    I indulge myself with the affection and attention:grin:
    but when it gets overwhelming or when she demands something more i turned her down.

i never stated that i'm asexual to anyone, because i hate lying. I'd prefer not telling than have to lie. Although most of the previous poster are right, even people here understand and shows better acceptance towards asexual than homosexuals.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Well, I am not closeted, but since I'm a woman I tend to find this a bit more difficult either way because it seems like straight men don't take no for an answer. They just keep trying to convince you and coerce you, so I just have to make up that I have a boyfriend usually.

7. Sarii

"Sorry, but I just have my sights on someone else."

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The guy I'm dating thinks of me as a girl, so I guess it's straight in his eyes and gay in mine. I don't know how I'm going to deal with that in the future.

9. C P

C P

Because of my mood swings about being lgbt, often enough I feel terrible that I can't return said feelings. It's times like that where the thought of being a straight, cis person seems like a win-win.

Ohhh how I envy wherever you both happen to live, because that sure ain't the case here!