1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size would I get for women's clothes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I saw a couple pairs of awesome pants and shorts and such of women's and was wondering what size I'd be for those? My men's jeans I'm wearing now are either 34-30 or 36-30 can't remember exactly. So on those. What size would I wea for women's clothes? Specifically pants underwear shorts? Is it weird to want to be wearing these clothes? On pants and shorts can anyone tell with a glance it's women's?

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're shopping online, check the store's sizing chart. otherwise, you'll need to try them on. Sizing differs from brand to brand.

3. bi2me

Sizing in women's clothes sucks! I have everything from small to extra large in my closet, and they were all purchased recently... :frowning2:

4. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do they give u looks for tryin women's clothing or what? Just making sure I'm not somehow gonna get in trouble lol

5. bi2me

My friend who is nb said when he goes shopping for women's clothes he just tries them on and doesn't care. He said it was taking too long to return things that didn't fit that he quickly gave up on it. (He prefers male pronouns btw before anyone jumps down my throat.)

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When trying on clothes of the opposite sex, just walk around like you own the world and you have no fucks to give. Rarely will people approach you about it, as they don't know what to say.

Alternatively, you can buy an assortment of sizes, try them on at home, and return the sizes that don't fit at a later date.

7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Well, what I think at people who do stare is, "You are fortunate that my tribe is not declaring war on your tribe. I'm certainly not going to tiptoe around your pissant sensitivities." When you can put all of that into a glare, you will be happy, I guarantee. But really, most online stores have a sizing chart. It should be right there on the site.

8. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm doing in store buy

9. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

The same store probably has a website, though. Let's say you're doing AEO, for instance...pardon me, I just happen to be a "country fem" and really love their style. It was really a tragedy when straight guys stopped wearing daisy dukes. But if you go to their online store, you can find their size chart there. The sizes in the store are the same.

10. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just got this awesome women's t shirt with do not disturb on it and it reaches my knees xD love it! I'm a fan of long t shirts lol plus some blue butterfly earrings and a ring with leaves as the design xD what do u mean by daisy Dukes exactly christiaan?

11. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say, probably a 12/14. I'd let you borrow mine, but, I'm no doubt, shorter than you & certainly bigger. At least in the size I wear. Jeans/leggings are something I definitely need to try on. Tops, not so much. They don't seem to vary by brand quite as much. There are some stores which cater to men who dress feminine. Others, don't, but, are open minded.

12. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear a size 4 in women's jeans and 30 in men's. So... I'd say roughly a size 10, possibly 8

13. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had a hard time trying to find the right size in womans clothing when I was shopping last. I think my size is 14 for dresses and pants. Heels also seem hard to find the right sizes in, they all seemed to small by at least one or two sizes. It will take some getting used to. You can find all of the size conversions online.

14. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mama taught me to always try on jeans before buying them... Most of my jeans are a size 38 or 36 (European size) but a few of them are a size 40.

If you don't feel comfortable trying on clothes in a store you can always ask if you can return them if they don't fit, right? ^^

15. PurpleGrey

16. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Women's shorts that are made to look like very short cut-offs. I just love them. They are so comfortable, and I can get some sun on my legs. I don't like them for everyday wear, being a person who spends most of his time outside gardening or doing carpentry or other projects for which revealing clothing is just not logical; however, if I can put away enough money for a night on the town or a day at the beach or a weekend visit to the park or just a random trip to the university library, I can do that. I am not shy about being seen in public wearing the things. I occasionally get compliments on them. It's not something that I do constantly or obnoxiously or inappropriately, but I take them to where they are welcome, which gives me the kind of positive feedback that I need to help me relax and not feel out of place. Even on trips to clubs, I pick a night that there are only handful of people that I know who go out there for an evening of billiards on Tuesday nights, not the weedend, which draws way too many people for me to connect very well with any of them.

You're always shy your first time doing something more adventurous, but that's why you start with LGBT approving friends, then maybe a trip out with them to an appropriate social venue, travel in groups, have other people's support, and you'll never feel too odd. Listen to other people's feedback if you know them and trust their opinions, and don't listen to people who come up pretending to know you. A person who doesn't really know you doesn't matter. Your friends matter.

#16 Christiaan, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015