1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared, I'm sad & I'm lonely

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by PULCHRA, Jun 22, 2015.

1. PULCHRA

PULCHRA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay here goes..
    I really don't know where to start, I'm crying and my hands are shaking as I type this. I think, no I don't think, I know that I'm a Lesbian. I'm so distraught and confused over this that I don't know if I'm coming or going. Where do I start? How do I approach a girl? I'm 39 years old and I feel like a child who needs to learn to walk for the first time. I feel so alone, I'm scared and I'm extremely sad.

#1 PULCHRA, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you are not alone! Welcome to EC.

Have confidence knowing there many here that have been at the exact same place as you have.

We are hear to help, listen and provide support.

I am sure typing that you are a lesbian was hard, but you did it! Congrats.

3. Biotech49

Take a deep breath, try to relax, and please don't be sad. You are not alone. Plenty of us got a late start. EC was an excellent place to come to because, believe me, you are in good company.

We don't know your history (Marriage? Kids? How long have you known? Why so sad?) but I'm sure it will come forth as you relax a bit with us and, hopefully, those in your area.

4. Logan40

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm with you. I was walking down the street sobbing, visibly sobbing, trying to come to terms with this sort of stuff just a week ago. I'm still trying to sort it out. You are not alone.

#4 Logan40, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  5. archerrose

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish that I could give you a hug! I have been trying to come to the terms that at 41 years old that I am bisexual. Now I am asking myself " Now What" You are not alone in your journey. Things will get better.

6. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hang in there. I know this sounds cliche but this helped me during those times...always remember that it'll get better! It will surely get better. We are all here to support you and again, you're not alone.

7. Oh Lilac

Please don't feel alone! You are not alone. In fact, we are from the same city! I was 32 years old when I figured it out, and never saw it coming. It is scary to realize something so new about yourself, but it happens more an you realize. A book that really helped me is called Dear John, I Love Jane. It tells true stories about women who came out or realized they loved women later in life. Also, search around this forum, and you'll find many threads similar to yours. It also helps to tell a friend you trust about what you are going through. Is there someone you can tell? Don't worry about dating just yet until you settle a little more into your feelings. But when you are ready, start simply by asking her to go for some coffee sometime, no pressure, and just enjoy some company. Strike up a conversation and see where it goes, and if anything, you can make a new friend. You will be okay, though. Xoxo.

8. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you are no longer alone. View my desert flower for joy. You've taken a big first step by coming to ECs. (empty closets)

Your age is nothing. I've got you beat in that department. (I'm older)

Stay with ECs and glow. Learn. Accept.

9. PULCHRA

PULCHRA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The support here is overwhelming, thank you so much. It's been awhile since I've smiled. Thanks for welcoming me into your community.

10. Richie.

Welcome! You're not alone! We will support you whilst you learn to walk

11. Chicagoblue

I'm older than you my friend. It will all work out.

Make yourself available and venture out to a lesbian bar just to begin the process. I bet
    even on the first terrifying visit you'll end up having a good time.

12. bi2me

Welcome! Let us know how we can help. :slight_smile:

13. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know it seems scary but remember that you can go only forward from where you are now. (*hug*)

14. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amanda00, life is akin to a river trip on a raft - a large river for which you are floating. As you float down the river of life, there will be obstacles - rapids, eddies, beautiful sand beaches. You have just come through a very rough rapid named "gay discrimination". In the rapid named "gay discrimination" there are holes for which some rafts flip. But your raft did not flip and you made it.

As generally is the case below rapids, there are eddies. One eddy your raft comes to swirl in is ECs. There are many things to see and learn during your time in the eddy named ECs - forums, resources, testimonials, news, blogs, private messages.

Once you learn what you can in the eddy named ECs you paddle hard to exit the eddy and float down to a sand beach. There on the beach other rafts with other people. One of those other people will become your friend and then partner.

The two of you will board one raft and continue your journey down the river of life.

15. PULCHRA

PULCHRA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you!

16. BlueEyes321

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! I'm a newbie myself. I'm 37 and married to a man and we have 3 kids. I am also going through this. Take a deep breath and take it day by day. There are a lot of us experiencing the similar. Your not alone. I feel like it gets harder to hide as the years pass. Maybe we cannot stay caged much longer! I know this sounds silly but, about a year ago I chopped my beautiful long hair off for a pixie. Ive always wanted to do it. And of course, as expected People just assume I'm a lesbian while I'm on the street but I love it! I was never embarrassed by it. And it has become an interesting side effect of it. Some of my friends joke and They even make fun of me at work and say hateful things sometimes assuming I won't be affected because they know I'm married to a man and think I am not gay. I ignore them and carry on. But surprisingly, I love being around strangers though! I feel like the strangers see my true self(me as a lesbian) Not knowing anything else of me. I guess it's my secret way of being out with out actually having done it yet? My point is, I've found a way to cope temporarily, this by far is not a solution but it's helping me deal. You'll find a way to get through it too until your time comes, when your ready! We are all here for you.

17. PULCHRA

PULCHRA Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you

18. Posthuman666

As soon as I saw the "I'm scared, I'm sad and.." on the main forum screen I knew the last word was lonely. I can't exactly relate, as Im 15, but I feel the pain of just really acknowledging sexuality. Im always willing to talk, however, if you need a friend. :slight_smile:

19. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC.

Im also kinda new or at least new to posting things I've been on the site for a few months now.You aren't alone a lot of people on this site have been where you are right now. You can probably find threads with advice on this topic if you look hard enough. just like Posthuman666 I am 15 and can't really relate but trust me your not alone.(*hug*)

20. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

Where do you start? That really depends on you. I think everyone's experience coming to terms with this is unique. There are common experiences of course, but really it's about being yourself and finding some peace. It can be a hard journey to make but it's really worth it.

You are definitely not alone. We are all here for you to help you through this. Please be kind to yourself and take things one moment at a time. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.