1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding hands

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CuriousArticles, Jun 22, 2015.

?

Do you hold hands with platonic friends?

1. Yes, I'll hold hands with any of my friends

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. I'll only hold hands with very close friends or in certain circumstances

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. I'll only hold hands with a partner

30 vote(s)
    44.8%
  4. Not really a hand holding fan in any sense

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This ^ sums it up well.

But if it's in a joking way (trying to get rid of an annoying guy or girl by pretending to be in a relationship) then I'm open to it. But not just hand holding for the heck of it. I mostly reserve it for a romantic partner :grin:

2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't really held hands since I was a child/early teen, the exception being when guiding small energetic children as the adult responsible for not losing them in a crowd (tempting as that may be!) where it was practically necessary. I'm not against the idea but it's not something I would automatically think of doing usually, so I would imagine if I was the one to take someone's hand it would mean I really like that person.

Funny thing, the area I grew up in Surrey/South London outskirts, you never saw anybody holding hands. Maybe children but never teens or adults, including couples. Lots of nasty gossipy people that would make comments or give funny looks if they saw hand-holding or other affectionate behaviour. Then when we moved up to the midlands one of the first places myself and my mother went to was a shopping center and we were amazed to see so many people holding hands and actually smiling at each other! It's like, you wouldn't even notice that if you were accustomed to seeing it, it's only when you're coming from somewhere that it's not commonplace that you notice the difference.

3. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I would only hold hands if it was with my partner except for special circumstances. Like this one time me and a group of friends went through a haunted house and one friend of mine wanted me to hold her hand because she was scared.

4. BiKate

I only hold hands with partners, unless its to keep me and friends together in a crowd or too offer comfort (like the time my best friend was crying her eyes out in the front passenger seat and I was in the back and holding her hand was the most comfort I could provide in the car).
    It just feels awkward and kind of off for me to hold friends hands for any reason, I like it as a romantic thing personally. Though I wouldn't shove a friends hand away in disgust if they did grab my hand.

5. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The only people I hold hands with are my little brother, and my parents. Yeah, I'm a bit old to stillnhold hands with my parents, but I love them, and they tend to walk faster than me :grin:

With the exception of family members (and little kids, which has been said in a previous post), I wouldn't hold hands in public. Though when (or if) I get a girlfriend, hell yeah, I'm all for PDAs :slight_smile:

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not abject to holding holds with friends, however it does make me quite uncomfortable, as do other affectionate practices.

With partners, I'm all for it.