1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy jesus...Questioning my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by itsmary, Jun 22, 2015.

1. itsmary

I know it's kind of weird... I look like a normal feminine girl but I have started to realise that I don't feel comfortable being a woman. As a kid I was a tomboy and cried when mum put dresses on me. Also, I liked being the guy in games with my friends. I liked also football and stuff... When I started high school people started complaining about my clothes (slighty masculine), about my hair and make up so I decided to be more feminine and started a diet. Nowadays I'm fighting anorexia. I'm still not comfortable wearing girl clothes and I'm getting tired of all of this.

Why this has to happen to me? It's all wrong. Transitioning seems so hard... I came out to my mum and to my bf yesterday and they're ok but I'm so scared.... I don't know anything right now, I just wanna die, seriously. I can't take it anymore

2. suninthesky

Hang in there. Things are tough for you atthe moment, but we've all been there.

Maybe check out this guy on youtube. Spanish isn't my first language so I can't understand everything he says, but what I can see is how happy he is now.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCvB_fqYWEoZnE6szHQMR8Ug

Keep posting here and talking to us about how everything is going. Is your family supportive? Do you have enough support for your eating disorder?

I tried to be feminine is high school too, I remember what that feels like.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Maybe you can look inside of yourself and see what you really want. It's hard when you're feeling bad to focus on anything much, I know. But well, if you feel like you don't want to be a woman or that you aren't, doesn't mean you have to be male or transition or anything. You can expresss yourself how you want. And whatever you feel inside is right.
    Make sure you know what you want before you begin socially transitioning or anything of such major importance.

hugs

4. itsmary

Thank you all.
    I've been so confused lately... I don't feel 100% man, neither woman... I haven't read anything about genderfludity or androgeny but, maybe that is what happens, idk seriously

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think you should talk to someone. A parent, a psychiatrist, or someone. Try to calm down a bit, you seem stressed.

After that you might want to do something like drawing a picture of your own mind or something, or try to somehow delve a bit deeper... labels are not as important as your true feelings. Actually, labels can just complicate things.
    Think about how you feel about your gender.