1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butts and Junk - question from an ignorant asexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kodo, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SO... being asexual I don't tend to look at, or put much thought into, certain areas of someone's body. If I think someone's hot it's usually because of their face, voice, personality, or their body (in a general sense). But I've never had the desire to check out someone's junk or their butt or whatever... It just never occurred to me since that's not what attracts me.

What I mean to ask is this. Do normal people (aka not asexual) regularly think about these things? Like I always hear how people are just magnetized to check out other people's junk and I never experienced that. Like you hear "Oh so-and-so has such a nice butt" or talking about how big someone's bits are...

It's just something I always wondered about. If that's really a thing and if so how important is it.

How do you rank the levels of physical attraction that you have for another person? Like what aspects about them do you check out first, or put the most emphasis on?

Awkward question, I know...

2. Posthuman666

Well, I think that it really matters about the difference between say, cute and hot. Cute seems to denote a more loving romantic attraction while hot seems to imply emphasis on sexiness and kind of lust. I've always viewed it as a bonus... I care about someones personality and then looks, but I think the attraction about genitalia is its taboo, its sexual. Most of the time you'll never see any of the aforementioned parts unless, your you know, having sex.

3. Dewey

For me there is definitely a magnetizing factor. If a guy's butt is muscular or popping out I totally notice it haha.

4. Lyana

Mm, I'm really not specifically attracted to genitals. They're just there as part of the package to me. Now, a nice behind hugged by a pair of fitted jeans... That I can like.

To me, though, physical attraction is about stuff a little higher up. Face, hair, eyes, smile, jaw, neck, shoulders, chest, the curve and dip of a hipbone... With the biggest emphasis on facial features and hair.

Of course, it depends on the person. Not all sexual people are the same.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally on a men I'll mostly notice his eyes, his facial features maybe his torso/arms and if he's got abs but very rarely his butt. ( I do hear my friends telling me about X and Y butts but I have no real interest) I never look for the junk though, nope.

For a woman I'll check out her entire body so I guess that does include breasts and butt I suppose, but it's not something that's very important to me.

Hope it helped. :slight_smile:

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As a non-sexual person....nope. I have no physical attraction to strangers whatsoever.

7. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't usually notice those things. I do like the chest area though (on men and women). I tend to be most attracted to people's faces though.

8. Fred89

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes I'm attracted to faces too.

9. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^what I think, basically.
    Except if" would replace "behind" with "legs"
    Because I like legs~
    But normally, I physically prefer what is on top
    I don't find myself thinking about physical preference too often though.

10. nothereanymo

Butts, butts, butts, butts, butts, butts.
    'Nough said.

Like someone said before, genitals don't mean much to me, but I love me a nice butt.

Also the stomach area, either in men or women, is something I tend to admire.