1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mind the (Age) Gap: How Old Is Too Old in a Relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starwind78, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Vashta Nerada

Depends on the age brackets, ie: If I at my age now dated a twenty five year old it'd be pretty odd and likely have a really strange/unhealthy dynamic.
    But if In ten years and I'm twenty six, and I dated a thirty five year old it would be grand.
    Really I think it's less about the actual number of years spent alive and more what you've done with them/what you're going to do, and what stage of life you're in.

2. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am 19, so from 18-23 would be the sort of range I would prefer nevertheless, I would not rule out dating an older person just because they are older

3. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

42 and a half years was the largest age-difference I have done. Rather, 42 years and 4 and a half months. I could try to make some cheap reference to Rent, but that was overdone the year it was released.

The reason that most people get qualms over this is that many people make the sort of naive assumption that we decide one day, "Gee, golly! I just realized that I want to start a romance with someone three times my age! Wowee!"

That's not how romance works, padowan. We just had a lot in common, and we realized we liked each other. Usually, you have the most in common with people from your particular "cohort," which is why cross-generational relationships are rare, but age alone is not as much of a factor, in real life, as you might think.

4. swagmaster

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpDAt7E6GKE[/YOUTUBE]

5. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Personally, large age gaps kinda freak me out. I don't really know why, it's just how I feel. So, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone more than 4 years older or younger than me. But hey, if you find and fall in love with someone who is much older or younger than you, good for you. If you're happy, I'm happy.

6. W34LTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no idea why, but I mainly find older women attractive. But since I'm soon to be 17, right now my age range of dating someone would probably be between 15-21.