1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair and skin

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Invidia, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yeah, just got some questions on hair and skin.

Maybe it's just in my head, but my hair seems to be growing a bit slower than usual, which is weird since summer is coming on and all... probably just me being impatient. Or? Am I doing something wrong?

I have reasonably okay skin, but I still have some blackheads since my teenage years (still technically a teen but...)
    How do I maintain healthier skin? Wash my face more often, not sleep irregularly? something I could eat? fancy products?

Thanks!

2. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    For your skin, try using a gentler cleanser and make sure everything that's going to be touching your face is clean. (ex: pillow, phone, etc.) Fancy products aren't always the way to go, but I like Neutrogena and Cetaphil, as both are normally very forgiving.

As for hair, it tends to grow slower as it gets longer. Make sure you're regularly getting your hair trimmed, as that normally makes it grow faster.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks, Book :slight_smile:
    Yeah I used to use an anti-acne cream called Clearasil, it was so much work and didn't do anything. So keep stuff near my face clean - got it :slight_smile:

Yeah I haven't had it trimmed in some months now; I should do that. Thanks!

4. Maeve

Trimming your hair does not make it grow faster. However, it does remove old, split ends which makes your hair look healthier and also easier to manage.

Making sure your nutrition is good and you're getting plenty of B & D vitamins, which can help hair growth (and your nails too!).

5. Lyana

I was just going to say what Maeve said about trimming. Definitely true. But if your ends are damaged, sure, by all means, go for a trim.
    How long is your hair? When you're at longer lengths, it's just harder to see the difference, but if you haven't changed much in your habits and your hair isn't super super long, your hair is probably growing at the same speed as always.

For both hair growth and skin health, it's recommended to drink plenty of water, to eat well, and to get enough sleep. There's no way to really make your hair grow faster (it has a limit), but taking good care of it will help to preserve as much of the length gained as possible (reducing split ends, etc).

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about that. I'm vegan, meaning I should watch my intake of vitamin D (B I've got covered by veggies+pill), and really poor at the moment, which isn't the best of combinations, I guess ^^
    thanks!

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2015 at 02:03 PM ----------

My hair is somewhere between my shoulders and my shoulder blades. It's super curly, though (even straightening irons won't work for more than an hour or so, LOL!), so it's only that long when I pull it straight, otherwise it looks to be about neck to shoulder length.

Yeah I guess the combination of curliness and it being longer now makes it more difficult to see the difference...

I do drink water. Eat well, meh, ish... Sleep well, ish ^^ Maybe I should do that better.

Thanks!

7. Maeve

Make sure you're getting enough protein too. Ask your doctor at your next appointment.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

yeah I usually do, I know that's important for hair...

I've been eating quite badly lately though, often only like twice a day plus some snacks (depression makes me lose appetite).

thanks!