1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are the t with the glb?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by yaoicore, Jun 16, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honey i really support and understand Trans people and will do everything to make them feel comfortable, but you cant ask me to fully know how you feel because you said it yourself a cis person cant know how its,same thing a straight person cant know how it feels like,but did we kick straight people away and never asked for their help? don't they make the majority of the USA and because of them marriage equality was voted for not because of the 10% ?,they are all trying to understand us live with us and the most thing they know how to do the most is love us,hell many straight mothers have been Admins here,also my straight little sister is on here to support not only her gay brother but the whole LGBT that he belongs to and to show them all love and respect that they are not alone,same thing with cis people for you most of them try to understand some of them fully understand because they had a sibling who is trans or some close friend so they kind of know what its like,but you can't ask them to know how does it feel since in the end they are not trans but they can fully support you to reach your goal ^_^

We wont let you down when we get what we want and don't have to fight anymore, we will still support the T and fight for it because sure enough they did fight with us and for us we love them :icon_bigg
    I HOPE you change your mind about this one day
    Have a good day (*hug*)

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... I don't think there is room for a missunderstanding, but if you insist...

Wasn't saying you said such a thing. What I was saying is folks out there do say such things, ignorant folks that mix lgb with t, which is a side effect of being together with the lgb. Heterotrans got the worst, as you have pointed out. And it's not even right for the rest of trans. First you are trans, and then comes the rest... Or maybe it doesn't.

And as a hetero, you'll be considered a 'straight ally' I guess. Some will turn their backs on you, some won't. The 'community' is made of millions of individuals with different personalities, morals, and the rest... I tell you, most of my friends are cis, a lot of them straight, and we can get along just fine.

I see being trans as something very different than lgb. Don't know where the missunderstanding is, it seems to me we do agree.

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I never was trying to say fuck the other.'s

good for you.

your right.

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

ok I guess I can do that.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much.

6. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just know that your gay folks love you and will forever support you we are one big family :thumbsup: (&&&)

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe it is because the trans* community and LGB+ community are both oppressed and are seen as sexually perverse or broken, meaning that sometimes, the issues raised overlap (for example, issues regarding accurate representation).

As others have mentioned, a lot of the T community fit into the LGB+ community also.

I understand that the issues faced by the trans* community are different to those faced by the LGB+ community, and that the T community is a stand alone community in itself, however, I personally like that the LGB+ and T community stand together, as together, our voices are louder. :slight_smile:

8. Just Jess

I think the L are with the male G community because while homophobia affects us in completely different ways - 2 girls kissing isn't treated like a serious relationship, 2 guys kissing is seen as ugly, that sort of thing - they are stronger if they ally.

I think the B are with the LG because, even though a lot of bisexual people can enter into straight relationships, they often face bigotry and homophobia. Sometimes in their own beds when their same sex attraction is discovered by their partner. And because many people aren't completely gay or straight. We have learned the hard way that conditionally offering support and taking it away when people enter into straight relationships hurts not only other people but our own cause. Bisexual people are powerful allies, because homophobia hurts them too. Since gays and lesbians are such a small percentage of the population, we need all the allies we can get, especially ones with "skin in the game".

And I think everything I just said about bisexual people can be applied to trans people as well. In fact, I think we have something in common with gay and lesbian people whichever way we're oriented or transitioning, since our transitions often make us incompatible with "traditional" partners. A gay man's coming out to his fiancee is very similar to my coming out to mine. There might not be as many of us as there are bisexual people, but we understand just as well how much being different can suck, and we have proven we can fight very effectively to fix that.

9. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I guess I can agree with that.

what do you mean?

part of what I was talking about.

awww thanks

10. queeer

The T is grouped with the LGB because we're all part of a community that deviates from the norms of our biological sex or gender. For example, if you're DFAB, by default you'll grow up with expectations to stay female and be straight. But a dfab person might turn out to be a lesbian, or the person may identify with a different gender which defies the norms of that particular assigned gender. It's all to do with defying society's gender norms I guess??

11. AlexTheGrey

Every time I bring up something about my gender exploration with my partner, I fear and risk rejection. Am I still a good partner for her if my body changes? Can she still be attracted to me afterwards? She has been more supportive than I ever thought, but that's not the norm. And SRS can offer up another breaking point. And that's an existing relationship.

Say a trans man meets a woman and they hit it off. At some point, sex will come into play. Will the relationship still work? He may not have a penis, which may make the woman reject him on that basis. Same with a trans woman and a man, with the added risk of the guy not just rejecting, but harming you or worse. But the same goes in other circles. Can a gay man be with a trans man with a vagina? Can a lesbian be with a trans woman who has a penis?

All too often, the answer is no in all these cases. While the reasons are different, this sort of rejection is something shared with the LGB side of the community.

12. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I never though about it that way

good point

13. Just Jess

Alex put it fairly well. Another issue I had in mind, is that a lot of us when we are closeted try to form "straight" relationships. I had a female fiancee I was and am still attracted to. She did not take my revealing I was trans very well. She is attracted to men, and I need to be a woman, so even though we were physically attracted to each other at the time (she has lost attraction to me since) we were incompatible sexually.

If I were a gay man, she would have reacted the same way, and we would be exactly as sexually compatible. The only difference is she would be attracted to me rather than me to her. It has to be two way to work, and you have to be comfortable with your body.

14. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well T is in LGBT because LGBT is highlighting the most common and simple genders and sexualities, while it stands for the unity of all genders and all sexualities.

15. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

being in a ''heterosexual relationship'' made me realize even more that I was a gay man trap inside of a straight woman body I guess I can say that I get your point

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of what I'd say has been said by Pret and Kaiser.

I'll add on a little thing, here: Remember that this is more than just a movement for acceptance of sexual orientation. The big thing they all have in common is that they're immutable traits that you can't easily see. It's not like an LGBT person comes up to you, and you know 100% that they're LGBT, unlike race, where you can see it in the color of someone's skin. As previously stated, they're immutable traits, and people are judging and making their decisions on us based upon those traits.

17. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I know that