1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nowhere to go? Is anyone else is a very isolated town?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wewillbeokay, Jun 15, 2015.

1. wewillbeokay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in Northern NY, nothing but trees and hills. My school would never even consider implementing a Gay Straight Alliance and there's no lgbt youth club or anything inside state borders. I was just wondering if anyone else could relate to the struggle of feeling overly secluded?

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My town of a whopping population of 3,000 is actually the biggest in a good 30km radius :grin: There's not much out here except for racism splashed with some good ol' homophobia :wink: It's a cute town though. I don't much mind the lack of lgbt ressources, as I've never been much for clubs anyways

Weirdly enough, my best friend of nearly a decade came out to me a few years ago as bi. It would be a lie if I said I didn't appreciate appreciate the support he gives me :slight_smile: I imagine it would be quite difficult if you had absolutely no access to people who could relate to what you're going through :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Best of luck. Feel free to PM me if the seclusion gets to you.

3. Psaurus918

It's not much better where I am, I live in a small suburb but the closest city doesn't offer much for the LBGT community. We don't have any clubs or get togethers.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I live in Helena, Montana, one of the most useless towns in the state. Here, people are bigoted, and they can't wait to show their bigotry every time a school board election comes around. The local gay community is not of much help, because it's a very masculine-focused community.

5. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I will live near the sea, theeee seeeaaaaaa :icon_bigg

6. Mei Freeborn

Well I don't live in a small town, I live in the middle of the country. Where there's nothing but fields and a few houses here and there. to even get to town I'd have to walk about 2 miles. Its about the same way here, the school would never consider adding a LGBTQ+ club. or the city add anything of that sort to the town for that matter. So i think i knoow how you feel.

7. sheenak

Absolutely nowhere, two stop signs in our "town" but the trees are nice. Thank God for the internet

8. Simple Thoughts

Does the ability to walk from one side of town to the other in under 5minutes make it count?

9. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's about ten miles to the nearest town from my house. Population of a little over a thousand, one road, two stop lights. I went to school even farther away, in an even smaller town.

Because I don't have a car at the moment and my mom works long hours, for the most part I only leave the house to walk the dogs. Living in the country is grand.

10. Acm

Acm Guest

I live in a very small rural town, not much in the way of LGBT resources.

11. Not really from a small town, my town is like more medium sized. However, it's dominated by traditional folks from China and Vietnam. The older generation hasn't really seen much in life, hence they're homophobic. It's only the younger generation that is LGBT-friendly. You can't really find a job other than service here, so I'd have to commute or live in the big city.

That's why I strive to live in the city and eventually live in a large suburb.

12. Harp Grey

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up in a small town, about 10 000 inhabitants and very far away from bigger cities, no LGBTQ-knowledge whatsoever (however they have their first pride-parade ever later this summer so it's getting better!). I lived their for long but finally moved. The town I live in now is maybe not much bigger but it's very close to some big/important cities and that makes all the difference, there are a lot activities for LGBTQ-people there. I feel so free and I got so many new possibilities by moving.

13. essie

My town is pretty small and the first gay bar/club/person is at least two hours away from where I live, except for one other lesbian girl who lives in my town and she and I have the same first name, which is hyronic.

14. ouji

ouji Guest

Yeah. and I hate it here. I live in the middle of nowhere. The town only has a few thousand people. My school only had around 240 students. Portland is about 40 miles away which I guess isn't too far, but I still hate how far away I am from everything. It's always quite a drive to get anywhere.

15. MetalRice

I live in a fairly small village of the main highway, it's not too far from the closest city; but it is a bit ways out of the way.

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are about 765,000 people within a 5 mile radius, so not really.

17. timo

I grew up in a town of 20,000 people, bigger than most mentioned here but there was nothing there for LGBT youth. I don't think there are that many LGBT people to begin with. It sucked and I hated it.

Now I live in a city with millions of people. It's amazing. I might go to a different city in the future but no way I'm moving back to a small town again.

#17 timo, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  18. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Pretty small town..... pretty bigoted... I hate being trans in this town :'(