1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Cis woman, accused of being a boy, was manhandled and kicked out of women’s bathroom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Skaros, Jun 15, 2015.

1. antibinary

Re: Cis woman, accused of being a boy, was manhandled and kicked out of women’s bathr

Oh no! A cis person is getting hurt, whadawegonnado!!!

Also, I doubt they'll do anything. They don't like crossdressers either.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2015 at 06:09 PM ----------

Sh*t, is this in the UK?

2. MrK21

Re: Cis woman, accused of being a boy, was manhandled and kicked out of women’s bathr

I can see why they would mistake her for a boy. But they don't even ID her before starting shit? Not a fair trial. With this logic, a passable trans person is in a lose lose situation because if they go into their identified gender's restroom the bill forbids it, and if they go in the other restroom, people will mistake them for the real thing (for lack of better wording). I just think it's funny because you wouldn't know unless you looked and you accuse them of trying to get sneak peeks?

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

He could have at least checked before.You usually can tell by the voice and even if someone wears a baggy shirt if she pulls it back the body form is unmistakable...

Also:rude.

4. iiimee

What a freakin' pyscho. I hope this woman now has some idea what transgender people have to deal with, even though none of this was her fault... And how dare this guy immediently get so physically violent! That's what angers me...

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth

"Why can't people just be nice to each other?".... I like that quote...

crazy people...

6. 741852963

Different needs really.

A space for urinals for men (love them or loathe them they do ease traffic, save space and lower water consumption), and a space for women to privately deal with their gender-specific bodily functions for women.

On the story in question, it is unfortunate, but I think this has less to do with the discussion on trans bathroom rights (given most trans people present according to the gender stereotypes of the gender they are transitioning into), and more to do with that of "rape culture". People being so paranoid re men that they jump immediately to the assumption that a butch woman in a women's bathroom must be a man up to no good. Incidentally, I doubt a man who looked like a woman being in a men's bathroom would have had the same result. That or an ignorance as to the diversity of gender expression.