1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling deeply sad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Jun 13, 2015.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Have you even been in those states where you're feeling extremely sad and upset for no reason like I am now? I don't know what sets me up that way, I just start thinking about breakups, wars, dying innocent people and so on... It makes me even sadder... What if I remain single forever and never achieve my dreams? What if my big flans for the future never come true and I'm just one daydreamer who's just like everybody else? ... :bang: :icon_sad:

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel Anton. I felt like that around Easter - really sad and depressed, for no particular reason. The good news is the feeling passes in time.

3. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

I know how you feel about extreme sadness and the upset feeling.
    unfortunately i just never feel that "extreme cases" without a trigger

That's just what mood is, sometimes it is up and the other time its down
    stay strong and stay positive even when its hard
    If you think that by thinking certain topic makes you down, then avoid thinking it. Keep dragging yourself down by thinking about it is certainly not the answer. Channel your focus into your workout, career or study. It will do you good :slight_smile:

I'm gonna quote a sentence from one of john green's book.

"You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."​

if you dont want your dream and plan to go to waste then start take actions on it. Thinking and planning is a good way start but without proper action it will be just a nice daydream to escape problem we have.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, it's part of being human. Mood swings.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadness is a negative emotion. I believe we should try to rid ourselves of these, they are after all a product of our thoughts, and, to a certain extent we can control what we think about things.

Why not think about the good things you have that you could lose. The strange thing is that, if you think about what you could lose, your health, your youth, even your life; instead of being sad about this, you begin to appreciate the things that you have, you begin to want what you already have.

And when you realize the great things that you already have, an even stranger thing happens: you may begin to feel a certain joy and satisfaction with where you are now.

I know, from your earlier posts how difficult things are for LGBT folk in Bulgaria, but you have your youth, you know who you are at a young age (not something I had the courage to be at your age), and the future is getting better for us in the more progressive countries. You have a lot going for you, despite the troubles in this crazy world, there is still so much beauty...there are not enough hours in a day to appreciate the wealth of being alive!

6. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yeah but I just think that it will just gone and whatever I feel is temporary. I let my feelings flow me for a moment until it's gone. I'm trying to learn that I shouldn't let my feelings get me no matter what. I should be tough if I want to survive in this world or life in general. There's nothing wrong to be sad or lonely at times as long as once you're done feeling it you should move on and let it go.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because of my ongoing health issues, fatigue, chemical depression, and having no job, I get them often. I try to think and visualize things turning around. I get let down because things may look like they are turning around, but they never fully get there.