General News Black rights activist "misrepresents" herself as black

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I agree so much with you!

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This woman need mental help I am sorry it something I think a sane person would pursue. Who takes pleasure in trying to be a different race no one does anything like that. It is just bizarre i feel worse for her family.

3. CyclingFan

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I heard there was something amiss with the parents. Like the article says, abuse victims are complicated people. For the deception, Rachel is responsible; for the abuse that has arguably driven her to this point, her parents are to blame.
    But, as for any act of wrongdoing, the perpetrator cannot be excused of actions they carried out independently.

5. CyclingFan

Completely agree. I have seen a number of people pooh poohing the idea that her parents calling her out for supporting the alleged victim here. It sure does stink that sometimes the people who report such things might not be perfect themselves, but accusations of these sorts of crimes still should be investigated thoroughly. It would certainly help explain the family dynamics that led to her parents outing her at this time. Surely they've known about this for a while, so the question is "why now?"

This whole thing sucks

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    White activists should be able to do anti-racism just fine without being in black face. (See US Civil Rights Movement Against Racism)

7. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
  8. CyclingFan

There's been white leadership in the naacp even!

9. Porphyrogenitus

Perhaps mine is going to be an unpopular opinion, but....

Race is a social construct. It has no scientific basis. There is no way anyone can say at what point one race ends and another begins. It's actually a far more fluid and changeable concept than gender, which, in most conceptions, tends to be a fairly well-defined binary based on birth sex. So I'd prefer that society just move on from pointlessly dividing everyone into races altogether.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This woman is either lying her ass off, or she's delusional.

Take a look at this interview where she, among other things, says "there's no proof" that the people who raised her are her parents, denies she's meaningfully changed her appearance, and various other things.

Just... wow.

I hope she eventually gets help because the level of denial here is just extraordinary.

11. Drew55

How utterly sad, to see so many bashing someone who states a difference. Bruce Jenner declares that he is a woman and everyone prasies his courage, A white woman declares she identifies as a black and the firestrom ensues.

All this form a community that demands tollerance but behaves in a very different way. I believe the term used to describe this is Hypocrite.

12. Foz

Foz Guest

I saw that one earlier to today, however, she now claims to be bisexual, I think it's totally disgusting. She says Jenner's story resonated with her, if she really was bi she'd know that bi and trans are polar opposites, not being content with no longer being a minority she needs to be a minority elsewhere for her attention seeking preaching. Does she think that saying she's bi excuses everything she's lied about?

It's quite clear she's delusional when she comes out with things like "'I am definitely not white, Nothing about being white describes who I am." and then starts talking about how white and black is a social construct. She's just hijacking the LGBT argument for her own delusions, but there are people who believe what she says and support her. How can you 'feel' black, or say you were born into the wrong race? I cannot describe how angry this woman makes me feel.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2015 at 05:52 PM ----------

What you actually say there is offensive to many, just because we are a minority does not mean we have to accept every other argument that uses the same basis as ours, why should we have to just accept everything and question nothing? Why are we not allowed to be angry at that?

Her entire life is a lie, she said her black family fled south US after her father was accused of assaulting an officer in defence and then was told the officer would kill him. You can't just accept someone on what they say. Her whole bi-racial excuse only came about because of this, it's not as if she told anyone she was bi-racial or 'felt' black before. She acted and deceived people because at not point did she mention she is from a white background. Your race is what you are born as and who your parents are, people need to stop excusing everything as a 'social construct' otherwise we will all end up somewhere we really don't want to be.

What's next? "Hitler wasn't bad because Nazism was a social construct"? there really is no limit to using that argument. Just because transgender is accepted as 'normal' doesn't mean trans-everythingelse is, nor ever will be. But there will always be special snowflakes who will invent labels and create a following of similar crazies.

#52 Foz, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  13. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think she's like the boy who cried wolf. She has told so many lies that people won't believe her when she is telling the truth.

I think she had her reasons to cut off her parents.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2015 at 11:04 AM ----------

I don't think the problem was with her identifying with black but the deceit behind it all.

14. iiimee

I have no issue if somebody wants to identify as whatever- Identify as a unicorn for all I care! I'll call you one! But the thing that annoys me is she is being compared to transgender people... Does anyone else find this insulting? I mean, transgender people are aware of their biological sex, but I don't think she's aware of her race, or even if she is... do you guys think black and white people constantly identify as that race? I don't even think about my race unless it comes up, so idk... I just don't see this as the same as transgender...

15. wiseotter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    By the way, sorry I am NOT racist by any means but I live in a small country in Europe where frankly most of us haven't seen black people. So, from my point of view those problems seem very far-fetched. I mean - can't they simply expell her? 0_0. Idk.

16. Acm

Acm Guest

Race and gender are totally different things. There's scientific evidence supporting the existence of transgender people, as well as a long history of transgender people existing, whereas this is just a lady that lied to and deceived people.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason she's now saying she "identifies" as black is because she's seen other people compare her to trans people and now she thinks she can deflect criticism with that excuse.

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can be white and still be an advocate for the black community, you can be in a leadership position of the NAACP even. After looking into this story more, she is either delusional or is lying in all of her interviews.

To the person comparing this to Caitlyn Jenner, the two are not the same in the slightest. That's all I'm going to say about that.

18. Drew55

In my comparing Jenner with Dolezal, it had nothing to do with their specific situations but rather vitriol verbiage that has been posted. I can see that the symmetry was lost on this forum and therefore the point I was attempting to make also missed.

I do agree Dolezal is a self absorbed narcissist wannabe. My issue is the lack of civility expressed here. It displays the lack of development on a mature and philosophical level.

19. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry, I just-- I can't take any more of this. Race is way more of a spectrum than gender. From the dawn of time, mammalian species have been either male or female-- I'm not saying that it's wrong to be one or the other but in between but it's just sort of the original version of the sexes. Hell, the fact that one can be transgender is fantastic but that doesn't make it a spectrum in my eyes, except in the mind. If you're a woman with a male body and you want to identify as a woman, okay, if you're a man in a woman's body and identify as male, okay or any of the several million little iterations in between that have sprung up over the years.

But race is a spectrum. A black man can have a baby with a Asian woman and that half black/half Asian baby can grow up and get married to a Native American and have a baby that is a mix of the three races and that child can grow up and have a baby with a white person and mix it even further-- it's quite literally a spectrum, race.

I'm honestly shocked at everyone's reaction to this woman on this site. Like, if I want to wear a g-string and pantyhose under my coveralls to work and say that I'm a man who's a woman trapped in a man's body who identifies as a trigender panfemale, then that's okay, but if a woman wants to make herself black it's not okay? Why?

20. iiimee

Along with this- is anyone here even aware of the fact she went so far as to send herself hate mail? I don't care what she identifies as- but this is no sane woman!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.