1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you have a one-night stand?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were single and out on my own? Probably, given the right circumstances. I would use protection though... Plus - I prefer to have intimacy before sex but meh.

If I were in a relationship? No.

Do I think one-night stands are immoral? No. But I question the safety of them.

2. IcarusRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally would prefer that I be in a serious relationship with someone before I take it to the next level. But that's just me. I don't however think it's wrong.

3. AKTodd

I've done one night stands. I've done one hour stands and 30 minute or less stands for that matter. I've also done my share of committed relationships and am now married.

Im an atheist. What is this thing you call 'sin'?

I'm not seeing why random meaningless sex with someone whose name you will forget by lunchtime (assuming you ever bother to learn it at all) is 'bitchy'.

Todd

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is it called a one night 'stand'? I never got this part. Does it imply it's so quick, you do it standing up? Such an odd term.

But no, I don't think they're immoral. Things happen, and people enjoy pleasure; it's part of nature and being a mammal and nothing to be ashamed about. Clearly, it's good to be cautious about health and emotional implications, but I think people send too much time feeling guilty about things like this, generally speaking.

And generally, you do get to know the person a bit, at least; perhaps after some hours of conversation, or maybe it's a friend who you never thought had any interest, and suddenly something happens...I've never been able to fathom one that just happens, without knowing the person at all.

#24 HuskyPup, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. I don't care what other people think, and it's not their business anyway.

6. C P

C P

This.

I'd have no sexual interest in an actual relationship, let alone with some random person.

I don't think there's anything wrong with those who like that sort of thing though

7. biisme

Have before and would again.

I am determined to never feel weird/awkward around someone just because we've slept together. So, I've actually had one-night stands and then I became friends with them after the fact. Perhaps it's not the traditional order of things, but I'm on great terms with everyone I've ever had sex with, so it's working for me.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. But I prefer that they don't stay over night. I find that I sleep so well after one when it's been a long time coming (no pun intended).

Guilt? I got over that a long time ago. Shame? I don't like to introduce that concept here, because I don't think any people normally feel comfortable talking about their sexual exploits and would be ashamed of being so candid. You know ... TMI ... except with those who will do the TMI right along with you.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2015 at 12:14 PM ----------

What probably happens is that they are very much your type and you are very much theirs. And then combustion occurs. Sure, you test the waters to some extent to make sure the person is safe, and I'm talking more along the lines of being potentially dangerous to you than being sexually safe. You can always walk away from sexually unsafe. Sexually unsafe is such a turn-off that I reflexively walk away to begin with.

9. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably wouldn't because I'd like to know a woman and know what to expect with her in bed before going there.
    Nothing morally wrong with it, of course.

10. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely would. Sex minus the emotional commitment sounds good to me!

11. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm... to me sexuality is about intimacy and sharing your life with another person... with this in mind, I don't really see the point in one night stands but I'm also technically asexual so I guess that is probably slightly influencing my perception. :icon_wink

#31 Eveline, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. starfish

I have, sometimes you just want to fuck.

14. Maeve

Would I do it? Probably not. Do I think it's wrong? No.

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would. I don't believe in "sin." I don't believe you should hurt other people, though, and one night stands don't do that if you're safe and don't do it all the time. :slight_smile: since I don't really trust people very quickly and I like to trust someone I have sex with I don't/wouldn't have one night stands often. I don't think its bitchy; however, I don't really like people who do it regularly/very often. They're usually superficial.

16. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So not my thing! Even in my sexual dreams I'm in a relationship with whomever I'm dreaming about.

17. mckenna2

mckenna2 Guest

I would normally say no.....however, I am married and a lesbian. How I got that way is long story, but basically it has happened and I don't look back. I now have 2 children and love being a mom. My husband is a wonderful guy and I have horrible sex with him. I mean, I never get there and he always does. He doesn't know about my sexual orientation. How could he, we have 2 children.

However, this means that I never ever have any sexual release other than masturbation, which seems to be a lot lately, but is not the same. So, I have started to have flings or affairs at work or with "friends". The problem is that many of these women/gals have bfs who want to participate. I can somehow justify in my mind that being with another girl is not all out cheating on my husband; however, when there are 3 somes and one is a guy then I DO feel guilty and that it is wrong. Problem is that the sex is so damn good. So, long answer to short question, yes have had one night stands (not entire night) and will probably continue.

18. Formality

Maybe. If the opportunity occurred I won't say I wouldn't. I just feel like I'd rather have something a bit more serious.

19. RedHeadHatter

Maybe I would, but I would certainly feel guilty as hell afterwards. I have this quality(?)(Maybe not) of caring to much about others to the extent that I would feel bad even tough they completely agreed with it.

20. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it's a sin.

I just don't think it's interesting or that random partners can offer me much pleasure compared to waiting for someone I have excellent synergy with and who's learned my likes and dislikes. Might be easier to just relax at home with a vibrator, some nice music, and only myself to worry about.

Vibrators don't need to be sent home the next morning, they don't finish in five minutes, and they don't call obsessively afterward. Just thinking of a lot of potential downsides compared to very few potential positives to bringing home a stranger.