1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZeroDarkness, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping to soon, seeing as I watched the original in the cinema as a kid it seems fitting. From the trailers it seemed like they were taking it in a slightly different direction which could potentially be a good thing for a relaunch of the series if they make more, the previous sequels seemed to get restrictive. Glad to see some on here have enjoyed it.

Yes, for the kids I should imagine. I heard they were aiming to provide something for the younger generation who didn't see it the first time around as well as the older fans so that would make sense.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I took your advice and went -- can't stop smiling. I don't go to many movies but I absolutely LOVED Jurassic World (not surprising since I loved Jurassic Park). The older brother is rather attractive, too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean, everyone is obsessing over Chris Pratt, but he's married, has a kid, and is way older than me. So not shot at all. If I'm gonna crush on someone I will never get with, I would rather crush on someone at least my age xD

4. starfish

I rate it a solid MEH.

Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies, but this one is missing all of the character and story development of the orignal. To me it just felt like a 2 hour dinosaur fight.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

That's exactly why this movie worries me and why I didn't go and watch it, lol. "No but chris pratts in it everything is great forever~"

6. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I personally really liked it

7. Psaurus918

Just got back from seeing it and I liked it. I loved the first, didn't like the second, liked the 3rd (which receives tons of hate) and I liked this one.

I read online before going that it was totally predictable and it was. What I liked the most is the way the linked stuff from the first movie, I won't post spoilers but the people that went will know what I'm talking about!

8. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What are you talking about? The storyline was 10X more complex than the 1st, and the characters were way better than the 3rd. The original was good, and so was this one. And just IMO, JW was better.

9. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way! The first is definitely the best movie (and I think Jurassic World is the best sequel), but I didn't hate Jurassic Park III and liked it better than The Lost World. To me having a dinosaur away from the island ruined it but it seems like everyone else prefers it to JP3.

Agreed again. The little props and subtle references to the first film were my favorite aspect by far. So cool.

10. WallWeed

It was good, don't get me wrong, but I felt it was largely lack-luster by way of character development and plot. It feels like they tried too hard and attempted to feign depth where there was none (for instance, the kid suddenly revealing their parents were getting divorced? What even the heck? It had no bearing what-so-ever to the rest of the film, and felt like a poor shot at getting the audience to feel some sort of sympathy for otherwise hollow characters). The plot seemed like it tried too hard to be "complex," and I felt like the end was rushed and left a lot of things left in the air.

Nonetheless, it was a great "popcorn flick," as it were, with impressive CGI work and whatnot, but was akin to most "reboots" that try to exchange creativity for special effects and "hot" actors. But ah well, I'm probably a bit biased given my love for the original JP.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have yet to see this.

I do remember seeing sneaking in to see Jurassic Park, in theaters. Good times, and I wouldn't mind having another dinosaur-going experience. While I have my concerns, I can't say I expect much out of a film where you expect dinosaur chaos.

One day...

12. sheenak

I'm looking forward to this movie , age appropriate for an 8 yr old?

13. Psaurus918

It's rated PG13 but I was watching rated R movies at like 10 so I might not be the best judge lol

14. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm... I supposed it depends on the child, but there are some slightly gory people-being-chomped moments. I'd say it is quite a gory PG13. Having said that, if I was an 8 year old, I would love it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. shu

shu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always loved the Jurassic Park series!! I'm very very excited to see the new one in theatre.

16. Zombi3

I don't know, I think they kinda rushed the end. Or maybe I was tired, and didn't feel the moment.

17. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I liked it.

18. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Simply put: I thought this movie was amazing! The special effects were stunning, and the scenes memorable, the encounters exciting...

Seriously though, if you are a fan of the first movie and/or just love dinosaurs, you should definitly see this movie!

19. Gentlewoman

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hot dayum that climax. Haven't gotten that excited during a movie in a long time.

20. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Saw it yesterday and I have to say I agree with some others on here; it is VERY good, up there with the original. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better because the first movie holds a special place in my heart (it's different when you see something as a child), but yeah, it's awesome!

As I had suspected from the trailer JW does have a different feel to it than its predecessors and this works in it's favour. There are nice little references to the original but it's not trying to be the original. One element I found interesting was how it touched upon the idea of a progressive level of interaction between the humans and dinosaurs besides just: those-big-teethy-things-that-keep-trying-to-eat-us. The return of Dr. Wu as a more fleshed-out character is a plus point as well. In the the first film he is only seen briefly as a geneticist in the lab with an air of arrogance about him, but I always wondered as to why the character was not used more. He was one of those characters that made me think: 'there's something more to him'. His dialogue in JW pretty much confirms - the man has a full blown god complex.

Also let's not forget the most important thing; epic dinosaur fights! RAWR!!!

Was so good I'm going to try and persuade my mother to come see it with me at some point if possible.

#40 TigerInATophat, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015