1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange Is The New Black

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by starlights, Jun 10, 2015.

1. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is a part of me that hopes the best for them too but I just don't see it happening.

2. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hopefully that's the end of Daya/Bennett but I haven't had time to watch more episodes so I dunno.

Brooke is annoying but in a cute way. She just seems so lonely. If I was in Litchfield I would be her friend :wink:

You didn't think the hate sex was hot? They could barely contain themselves and that was some serious passion!

3. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [Spoilers obvs if you haven't seen season three :grin:]

Ayyyy, I'm really pumped about Poussey/Brook, tell me it's going to be a thing :grin:

I've enjoyed this season overall, it was easier to watch then s2 (Vee, man, I couldn't even look at her) but I have a few concerns:

1. What the hell Piper? Seriously?
    2. Nicky has to come back, right? I'm not even talking about Bennet or Stella, but Nicky and Sophia have to be in season 4!
    3. Same goes for Alex, come on!

That lake scene was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see season 4! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only thing I didn't like was the slapping and name-calling. Everything else was... Enticing:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2015 at 02:40 PM ----------

I'm only 4 episodes in. I felt like Red and Morello when Nicky was taken:frowning2: F you, Luschek!

5. candyjiru

Omg... binge watched it in 2 days... I have a problem... But omg, so good~~ that ending though! I don't want to get to spoilery but... Omg~ is *that person* really dead?? What will happen to the baby??? Why did they throw 2 of the best characters into the shoe, and why so early?? My love!! T.T Also... when will they stop playing that horrible and annoying theme song? And when will Piper die off so we can enjoy the good characters?? And omg... so many things but... spoilers grr~~~~~ *flailing around*

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on the last two episodes right now ^^ It's not perfect but over all I'd say I've really enjoyed this season so far and been pretty invested in a few of the storylines and characters.

7. tulipinacup

IMO this season wasn't as good compared to the previous ones.
    I was kinda disappointed that they didn't concentrate on Nicky's story because I've heard news about how her story line will be centered this season.

I was glad that they get to show Chang's story line because out of all the inmates, She was the one I was the most curious about which was heartbreaking in return. We get to see that she spends most of her time as a loner but we get to see that she's also a very clever woman.

Leanne and Flocka's back story surprised me the most because these two characters weren't a favourite of mine.

A big improvement when it comes to character development for me though is Caputo and Penssatucky. I didn't know whether to like or dislike Caputo's character back in season 1 but you can really see that he did care about the inmates (somehow). We've all loved to hate Penssatucky in the previous season but her back story revealed how she was a rape victim and had the same disturbing scenario with one of the inmates. I really like how Her and Boo's friendship continued to develop this season.

Mr. Healy continues to be a misogynist and a racist
    Piper is now officially the new Larry

So many cliffhangers this season but that just means that there is going to be a 4th season.

Not gonna lie but the finale episode made me teary-eyed and felt like it was a reward not only for the inmates but for whoever felt that this season was more like a chore to binge-watch.

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was really surprised that Red started developing feelings for Healy. I could always sense that he maybe liked her but to have it be reciprocated? I feel like the only reason Morello got married is because she missed Nicky and felt very lonely. My jaw dropped at the Caputo/Fig sex!! I really didn't need to see that. Piper is annoying as ever. I couldn't believe Bennett left. I though he would have stuck around. Can't say that I blame him though, such a messed up situation.

9. tulipinacup

I hate Healy but what Red said about him during the conversation between them and his Mail order Russian bride was all true. At least he was trying.

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2015 at 08:00 AM ----------

Lol, I felt like they were both as disgusted as we were.

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dislike Healy quite a lot but there are the rare times when he is decent, like with his Safe Space group and giving Red the corn.

11. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Finished watching just now! Overall I was pretty disappointed in this season but there were some good moments and the last episode was done really well in a lot of ways.

And I'm definitely in for Season 4. I want to know what happens to these people. (Well, some of them, I don't think I give a crap what happens to Piper anymore.)

12. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ Agreed. I was starting to like Piper last season but now I'm back to despising her.

13. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved Chang's back story, and I LOVED the way she made fun of Leanne:

"YOU CHURN BUTTER! YOU HARRISON FORD IN WITNESS! YOU A WEIRDO!"

lololol I rewinded that at least three times :eusa_clap

OK so I had to quit this thread for a little while because I fell behind and didn't want to get spoiled, but now I'm all caught up. Am I the only one who clapped when Piper got Stella sent to maximum? Don't forget that Stella was manipulative, she was happy to help wreck Piper and Alex's relationship (even though most of the fault was Piper's), and she stole all the Felonious Spunk money! She did all those manipulative things even though she knew she was getting out of Litchfield, which was dishonest and unfair to Piper.

The person I lost the most respect for is Norma. Everyone thought she was so sweet and caring, but she just sat there accepting "offerings" and eating chocolate bars when her lunatic followers were bullying Brooke.

I feel sorry for Mr. Caputo, even though he's gross for masturbating in his office. That back story with the baby and his girlfriend was heartbreaking. (Loved seeing Rosa again though!)

I kinda got spoiled on the budding Poussey/Brooke relationship and I expected more, but I guess we'll have to see where it goes next season. I'm so glad Brooke has friends now :slight_smile:. How CUTE was Suzanne and Maureen? The actress who plays Maureen, Emily Althaus, is GORGEOUS! I hope we see a lot more of her next season.

And finally...lol @ Space Admiral Rodcocker. I lost it when the inmates were saluting Donaldson and calling him admiral.

---------- Post added 26th Jun 2015 at 07:38 AM ----------

I think the writers do a good job of showing us it's not all black and white. Healy was horrible to Piper in S1 and awful to Brooke, but he cares about the inmates, he genuinely cares for Red, and he kind of redeemed himself by giving up on his mail order bride. Although the Olive Garden leftovers made me think that storyline isn't over. The actor who plays Healy is really good too and plays the role perfectly.

14. Dextoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoyed this season's more downbeat pace, although I can see why some people are finding it "boring". I think the writer's wanted to give the characters a little breathing room after two very plot-heavy years, but the trouble is, when you go a year without seeing any episodes, you aren't necessarily as in the mood for that as the show's creators might be. There's a lot of time to build up hype and expecation in that year. Lucky for me, a season focusing more on humour and moving character moments is right up my street. And there were still plenty hooks to keep people excited for next year.

Season 2 still reigns supreme for me, though.

15. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Stella though, wow. She's sexy, cunning, and just the right amount of savvy. Did I say sexy? Ahahha~

Okay, Piper... Wtf.. No. She's on my hatelist now: she got nasty and horrible this season.

Boo, totally on point. I love her and dogget's friendship.

Red got soft, and uninteresting this season.

Norma went from endearing to infuriatingly passive.

Wtf.. Being Nicky back!! And idc about Daya/Bannet thing, that was always a nit boring to me.

Def never liked Alex, but this season she's more tolerable to me.

16. BiKate

I really, really hope Morello and her new guy stay together, so she doesn't go all crazy stalker on him like she did to that other guy. I love her character though.

This season was good, I felt like it focused a lot more on back stories then previous seasons. Also I found myself liking dogget more and more.

I didn't really like how Piper started going. She's kind of trying too hard to be a bad ass but it just doesn't suit her and she's being a bitch. She probably wouldn't last five minutes in real life prison acting like that haha.

Super cut up about Nicky. I have a huge crush on her, and seeing her back story just made me crush even harder and then she was gone! I miss her voice and her wild hair and ughh!

17. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ I think the only reason Morello married that guy is because she missed Nicky. She even admits that it's the reason why she started being a prison pen pal.

I too have a crush on Nicky:slight_smile:

18. NekoLucy

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, Piper changed a lot in Season 3. I was never a big fan of her, but i also don't hate her.I'm eager to know what happens in S4^^ I think she tries to start a big business with the new inmates.