1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation class?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Jun 10, 2015.

?

Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation class?

1. More males

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. More females

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. About the same/don't know

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. Acm

Acm Guest

Re: Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation cla

I haven't graduated yet, but I know of several openly lesbian/bi girls, but no guys.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Re: Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation cla

We had one female who was out.
    We now have three females who are out and no males.

I assume it's because of the area I live in. Anything other than straight is considered wimpy and unmasculine, so it's probably easier to come out as a woman where I come from. Even still, it's not exactly easy.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I was the only out gay guy in my school. There was a girl that moved back here this year before we graduated, and she's bisexual, so that was it.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Let's see: I went to a huge school. Graduating class of 720 seniors: Nobody was out.

Among the total 2,300 students, grades 10-12: Nobody was out, that I knew of...and seems like I would have! I was out to a handful of close friends, but that was it.

5. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

At my old school I don't think anyone in my grade was out. At the school I was at this year, there are lots of openly LGBT people!

6. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I graduated in 2013. Wow, it seems like such a long time has passed.

I know of more male gays than females in my class, but I hope I'm wrong.

7. antibinary

I haven't left high school yet but I know about 7-8 bi/lesbian girls, but only 3 queer boys and one of them is ace.

8. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Out of 750 students in my graduating class, and a student body of about 3,000, I knew one openly gay guy. There were more, obviously, so my comment means nothing.

9. timo

There were no openly LGBT people in my class. However I expect that, besides me, there had to be more gay or bisexual people. We will never know.

10. MORTAL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Graduated in 2010 and there were no openly gay or lesbians in my graduating class mainly because I went to a school where an openly gay person would be severely ostracised and physically and verbally abused. There were, however, a few girls who identified as bisexual but did so mainly because it was "cool."

11. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

As far as I know, I'm the only "openly" gay/bisexual guy in my high school class, and I wouldn't even consider myself "open" about it. I've told most of my friends, but I don't make it known to the general public. I can think of at least two, probably three openly gay/bi/pan girls in my class who I know of, and there may be more (I live under a rock). There might be one other guy, but I don't think he's open about it, either.

12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth

a lot of people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: so much we felt a pride flag on our truck we rode around on afterwards (Swedish tradition) needed a pride flag :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    one lez/bi girl, a trans person (pan I think, also my date for prom), two gay guys, several bi people... yeah ^^

13. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

There are more lesbians and bi girls at my school than gay or bi guys. As a matter of fact, there is no guy that I know of who is openly gay or bi at my school. There's one guy at my school who I suspect is gay, but I don't know for sure.

14. Vashta Nerada

Not sure what the system is in America honestly, but here in Highschool fourth year (16-17)
    there's myself, a couple of bi guys and a fair few bi girls.
    I'd give it a total of maybe 15 openly LGBT students out of 140.

15. Silver Sparrow

I go to an all girls school, so vastly more girls :wink:. There have been a few trans alumni, but none have come out while they were in school. Compared to the all boys schools in the area, there are definitely more people out in my school.

16. IcarusRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family

I just recently graduated high school in a fairly open minded area. While quite a few of my classmates are out I couldn't possibly tell you how many because my class had over 900 students.........so yeah.....graduation took FOREVER!!

17. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well I haven't graduated yet but I think there are currently more gay guys than lesbians. Unless I count bisexual/pansexual people too, because there are so many bi and pan girls here.

18. sugarcubeigloo

Put me down for another all boys school. lol. :lol: