1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was there one single time in your life where you regretted being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Jun 10, 2015.

1. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think of a regret as something you wish you hadn't done. I certainly don't resent being gay. Not anymore, at least. I think I resented it more when I couldn't stand being "different" in that way. But I'm already "different" in enough other ways, that this doesn't really bother me.

2. Manitoban

I only wish I had the same opportunities to find potential partners. But beyond that no. It's pretty much the same.

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I'm fairly satisfied with myself.

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I never chose being gay. It is not like there is some point in my life that I can look back on and say, "what if I had decided to be straight?" It is something that I am stuck with, like it or not.

Being gay, in itself, might be seen as a colossal aggravation, even in a perfect world. So what? So are unplanned children, which is why so many straight people are so miserable and bitter later in life. Mercedes Lackey had it right: if bearing children required actual competence, intelligence, planning and deliberation, then parents wouldn't be such miserable jerks, treating their offspring like a curse. In a world where you had to think in order to conceive, you would love your offspring desperately and even with a sort of mania, no matter what they looked like or what their sexual orientations, ambitions, beliefs, views or politics were. You would go through parenthood knowing that they had never subjected you to anything, but you subjected them to life, knowing that you owed them an explanation for why. You might even find yourself happier, someday, for having finally figured out what to tell them. Really, if I miss anything about being straight, it's family, but I look at what has happened to one of my siblings because of recklessness and poor judgment. I see how tormented and guilt-ridden he is, and I wonder. Only if we really got to a point where birth-control, protection and family-planning were things it were perceived that only a crazy person didn't just do, would straight people really be better off, in that respect, than gay people. Then, I would be damn jealous of them.

But the main thing I regret is that I did not do more to stand up to people who tried to make me feel ashamed. I look back on how many times I backed down and hid, and I curse myself. For that, I am filled with regret, and it makes me cry with joy that today's youth are really figuring it out. I hope that you young folks see, someday, how much peace you've given us old queers.

The only thing I could ever imagine myself feeling toward straight people is possibly jealousy, but due to dysfunctions in their damnable culture, I really feel a bit of relief. Maybe, someday, they'll have come far enough along that I'll look the other side of the fence and say, "Damn, the grass really is greener." Someday, I hope I do. They are my family.

#24 Christiaan, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, because I never made a choice. You can't be regretful of things you didn't choose. I think what you mean is if I ever felt bad, or resentful to my sexuality in my life ever, but the answer would still be no. I'm completely comfortable with my sexuality; always have been, always will. I was even comfortable when I first realized that I was gay because I know that there's nothing wrong with it.

6. IcarusRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I regret not being able to give my family the life they always wanted for me.

7. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I think about marriage. When I think about having a baby. When I have nightmares about coming out to my hardcore Catholic parents, or worse, them finding out some other way. When I hear someone make a homophobic comment and I don't say anything because I'm not fully out.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Oh, yeah. Every single day.

I was told that all non-heterosexual people are having wild sex orgies... well?!

LOL.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm sure there has, but I don't have any regrets about myself anymore. I just regret the high amount of assholes in the world

10. RedHeadHatter

OK the thing is, no one knows I am gay, however, I don't feel that hurt when my friends talk badly about LGBT community(Is not that I don't care, I learned to shut their comments down so that no one would get suspicious of me). Nonetheless, I do feel guilty every time I am certain a friend of mine is straight but still can't help having a crush, I guess it would be easier to talk to my male friends if I was't homosexual, that's the only reason why I would ever want to not be gay. =/

11. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For a long time, yes, but I've since come to terms with it. I now actually love that I'm gay, even though it can make things hard sometimes.

12. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I never questioned my sexuality, so I don't have anything to regret regarding that. Sometimes I do feel a little left out when guys "bro out" with each other because I usually am left sitting alone.

13. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    CP i think you need to move to another area, sounds like the current area is full of homophobes.

14. ApexxShadow

Honestly, it happens to me more than I'd like to admit. Sometimes people close to me just make me feel so shitty because of my sexuality, and gender. Though, at the end of the day, I end up being proud of who I am.

15. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes cause If I have been hetero then I wouldn't feel or experience this hardship nor be misunderstood by others.

16. Justinian20

No I don't regret being gay, but I do regret that I didn't come out at a younger age, I also kind of regret that perhaps when I was younger I actually thought before I acted. I used to act with my feelings and those feelings led me to be closer to boys ergo my first crush. What I regret is that I didn't honestly think about it. If I would perhaps I would've been able to show my true self earlier.

#36 Justinian20, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015