1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't even want to graduate :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know this is long but I'm just really stressed. I'm graduating high school tommorow and my family is stressing me out!! I don't like to wear dresses and my mom took me to go shopping and I said I would try to find a dress. We were shopping all day and found nothing. So today I was at the mall for hours by myself trying to find a dress and I found one that I sort of liked (it's actually a romper) so when my mom got to the mall she was mad that I hadn't found anything. I didn't want to try on the dress she picked out and she was mad about that, so we just bought the romper. Then, she was mad because I couldn't find shoes. I wanted to cry because I wanted to really love my dress for graduation but it's just ok. All my friends are getting their hair and makeup done and nails but I'm doing it all by myself because my mom didn't even ask if I wanted to do that. I feel like my family doesn't care as much as everybody else's family. My sister was going to do my hair, but now she is backing out. My mom wants to go to my graduation late because my sister has the baby and it's too hot for them to be outside. They're not even going to see me walk out! And then I am going to dinner with just my dad and my grandma while everyone else goes out with like their entire family. I'm just sad and I don't want to graduate. I'm so stressed and I don't want my friends to leave.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

and I just got my period!! what am I gonna do? could things get any worse omg

2. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    someone help meeeeeeee

3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're graduation is about you, if they miss it it is their loss. It's your accomplishment and you should enjoy it either way

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just a thought but, is it possible that their money could be tight and the hair and nails and a full family dinner out is not an option for them right now?
    if so, trust me as a parent, it is killing them more than you right now and their regret will never leave them.

5. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think so. My family is definately not rich, but we have the money to do things. It's more that I feel like they don't really care, my sister is too busy with her kids and my mom doesn't want to sit in the sun for that long.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2015 at 08:05 PM ----------

I know that but it still makes me upset. They don't even care that they're going to miss the beginning. I know it's hot outside but cmon : /

6. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you're having a lot going on right now. My mother forced me to wear a dress at graduation when I didn't want to, and three other people wore the same dress. There's nothing wrong with doing your own hair and nails and make-up. I think people make a bigger deal over high school graduation than what it really is. One day you will look back on all this and laugh at the hairstyles/clothes/your mother running around the stores/getting your period. Right now I understand you won't be laughing but later you will.

It's sad to close one chapter and begin another especially if you grew up with the same group of people most of your life. It's okay to feel sad and not wanting to graduate. Do you have plans for after graduation like university or college?