1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay pansexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MidnightStar, Jun 8, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I figured out I was gay late in life and that story is actually complicated so I'm not going into it it'd would take for ever. I came to ask something else actually, can I use gay pansexual?

I only a few weeks ago realized I was pansexual and it's funny because a old friend of mine used to always say "Maybe you're pan" But because I was so focused on gay at the time I never looked to deeply into it and refused it as a possibility.

My problem is I only can love woman not men. But if someone is Mtf I don't care to me they are female and I'll love them like I would any other woman. Here is where it gets confusing if someone is genderfluid or genderqueer I don't care as long as they plan to stay female and to some extent feel female. So I questioned is that being gay and being pansexual or is pansexual the wrong term?

:confused:

2. star trek

Pansexual's sometimes refer to themselves as "gender blind" They don't care what the gender is, they would still love them/be sexual with them anyway. Can you be sexual with females, or do you just feel romantically attracted to females and sexually attracted to males? If so you would be probably Polyromantic or Panromantic and Homosexual. Polyromantic/sexual's can be sexually/romantically attracted to A LOT/MANY genders. Not all. So they could just be romantically/sexually attracted to female genders. That's what I think, but you'd need to put more info to help.

3. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gay so I'm homosexual I'm sexually emotionally and physically attracted to woman
    Not men or anyone who identifies as a man. Anyone who is somewhat female, or doesn't wish to change gender to male I'll be attracted to weather their queer or not.
    It's complicated I guess but that's all the information i have, i can't give anything else that's my feelings and I'm unsure how else to word it or put it down.
    :slight_smile:

4. Lyana

Well, there's your answer. You only like women (cis women, trans women, and non-binary (is that only AFAB, or would assigned male at birth non-binary people be okay too?), apparently).

What does it even mean, to "stay female" when you're genderqueer? Sounds contradictory to me.

Pansexual means attracted to all genders ("pan" meaning "all"), so since you're not attracted to males, technically you aren't pan. If you're attracted to non-binary, well, you could go for "polysexual." But as a label, "gay" will probably be more useful to you -- if only because people will immediately know it means you're attracted to women!

5. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hm, i'm a little confused over the term ploy sexual
    Honestly, i don't know the word for what i'm trying to say or how to put that together
    Like being genderfluid i'm a little different then some if you wish to get into that email me, so i think not only do i confuse myself but i also confuse what to use.
    I think the right words would be someone who has "Female parts?"
    but i don't mean this in a offensive manner because technically speaking i am attracted to female parts sense i'm gay.

6. Lyana

Polysexual just means you're interested in more than one gender. So in your case, women and genderqueer people with female parts. I'm not convinced the label will be useful to you, honestly; I only mentioned it because it was mentioned above.
    (Being attracted to "female parts" exclusively is not offensive, don't worry.)

If you're genderfluid, maybe "gay" isn't right for you anyway, since it implies that you are a woman interested in women. Sorry about that, I hadn't realized. ^^ But you seem comfortable with identifying as "gay."

7. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I kind of had to accept being gay.
    and the genderfluid thing is a entire other story, honestly i just used the label because it was the closet thing that i could find. But yes i'm gay that is the correct term for me. It seems i may want to look into if ploy would work on top of that though.