1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Date A Transgender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ForeverLost, Jun 7, 2015.

?

Would You Date A Transgender?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2015.
  1. Yes! I'm a guy

31 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Yes! I'm a girl!

35 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Yes! I am a trans male

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Yes! I am a trans female

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. Maybe...

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. No Opinion

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. No! I'm a guy

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. No! I'm a girl

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. No! I'm a trans male

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. No! I'm a trans female.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'll Comment

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to say. I am attracted to the male body, so probably not unless they are post-op. While I am gay because I am mentally attracted to other males, I am also gay because I am physically attracted to the male body. I need both parts. However, to be honest I have never seen a post-op female to male transsexual naked, so in regards to whether or not I would be physically attracted, I don't know how things look and function and how good surgical techniques are today... so I can't give a completely informed answer. The option has never presented itself so I never looked up those details. I feel it would be harder for ftm than mtf transsexuals. I've seen some attractive transgender males but I have never seen them naked...

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (crickets)

Cis or trans, I'd date a trans person if we had chemistry.

3. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Too bad there isn't a "Hell yes! and I'm a guy" answer lol so mine is pretty obvious (!):thumbsup:

4. RainDreamer

Title should be "Would you date a transgender person" or "transperson" if space is not available. "A transgender" sounds like a thing, not a human. But I digress.

My answer would be a yes, due to several reasons:

1. I am a transgender person myself
    2. I am pansexual and don't really care about what a person have in their pants.
    3. I am currently dating a transgirl, so yeah, that is kind of obvious.

Would almost naked be suffice:http://www.out.com/popnography/2015...-may-become-first-trans-man-cover-mens-health

#44 RainDreamer, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I mean why not. Long as I'm attracted to you; I don't see the problem.

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I voted i'll comment.

I did this because I don't think I could date a transgender person.. I don't know.. I'm not against trans people I just don't know how I would go about dating a transgender individual. I also didn't understand the options. Does NO! I'M A GIRL! mean No I wouldn't date a trans? :confused:

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They are covering one of the most important part haha (for sex, anyways). I've seen his photos and he is nice looking though (although a bit over-sensationalized, but I guess that is a good thing)!

But now that I spent a bit researching phalloplasty and seeing more random penises than I really cared for... I'm pretty convinced I could not date a ftm person, sorry. Medical technology will need to advance to meet my superficiality first.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2015 at 04:40 AM ----------

It means "No. I am a girl." -- "No, I wouldn't date a transgender person. I, myself, identify as a girl."

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank You!

9. The Wallflower

Agreeing with Chloe, I absolutely support all trans people and I've seen some REALLY attractive trans guys. I'm not against them at all, but I don't think I would date a transgender person. I'm just not sure how it would work out...

Does that make me a bad person? ...

10. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

I used to say that i'm willing to date a trans guy but lately i start having a second thought

I'm kind of conflicted, emotionally i could date a post-transition trans guy. Because basically he is already a men except for the "one" important part.

but physically, i dont think i would. Most likely because of that "one" important part is really play a major role in a relationship (or at least its going to be in mine).

I'm sorry if i sound like a terrible person right now.
    hopefully i didn't offend anyone

11. candyjiru

Of course~ as long as they were an awesome person, were interested in me, and we clicked <3 Of course, that goes for anyone, haha~ <3

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all!

13. Thingymajing

Yes I would. But it wasn't always that way...

While I was in denial that I was anything other than heterosexual I did view transgender people as "not heteronormative enough", but once I was out to myself as bisexual and comfortable being labelled as such, I realised there was nothing weird about a guy born as a girl or a girl born as a guy... as long as they were "post-op".

I soon realised this was a horribly invalidating way to view transgender people, and came to accept that a woman is a woman and a man is a man whether they have a vagina or penis, or vice-versa. And I'd be comfortable pursuing a romantic and/or sexual relationship with such a person, and be flexible with sex acts when it comes to their emotional needs during sex (in the case of sex/body dysphoria) and supportive of any physical modification/s they wanted or needed even after we already started seeing each other.

Then, after learning about nonbinary transgender identities, I've even re-labelled myself as pansexual to include those transgender identities, since my society only has two genders and by default nonbinary can only be a transgender identity.

Having a nonbinary friend who is very dear to me makes it all the more important to be out as pan, because I want people to know that there are people who think that nonbinary identities are valid - it makes them more visible and "normal" if there are people who would openly date them. Because they are normal. I just haven't worked out the most educational way to come out on Facebook yet xD Facebook is mostly only my family though, so it would have little educational impact to come out there, and I haven't made a lot of friends in my new city yet. But I'd love to use my sexuality as an example of acceptance and validation haha. To remind people that enbies are normal, and to remind enbies that they are accepted as such.

14. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It would be difficult for me to date someone who's still in transition, I find it difficult because I would be unsure who I am dating and what pronouns to use, etc... but after transition... why not?

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I'd actively seek out a transgender person to date. But if I met somebody, and we clicked really well, and he ended up being transgender, I don't think that specifically would be an obstacle.

Lex

16. Doppelganger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, sure, why not. Wouldn't mind if they are still transitioning.

17. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes definitely :slight_smile: I think trans* people are amazing and they're very beautiful before and after transition.

18. Harp Grey

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the feeling that many people here have very little knowledge about transgendered people. First, "pre-op", "post-op" and "still in transition" are very hard to define and you simplify the concepts way to far. They way most of you use it sounds like "pre-op" = NO transition at all, and "post-op" = ALL transition available and "still in transition" = something in-between, something uncompleted. It's not that simple. I see myself as post-op even though I haven't undergone surgery related to my reproductive organs, because I don't want to do that, I like my body parts as they are and I still feel 100% male in both body and soul. I understand that some gay guys probably don't want to have sex with me because of my lack of penis and I understand and can live with that (I actually have a cisgendered male sex partner and he likes my vag very much and still sees me as completely male, he is awesome), but I feel offended when you use words that suggest that I and people who have made the same choices are "still in transition" and that being transgender is some "all or nothing"-thing. Because it's not.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never used those definitions. I view pre-op as someone who has not had surgeries but wants to, and non-op as someone who doesn't want any. Post-op can refer to both bottom and top surgery, especially in the case of trans men who mostly only get top surgery done and that's where it ends, which is completely fine and valid.
    Although I was personally defining post-op as someone who has changed their genital shape in regards to my personal preferences, not doing such doesn't make one less trans or valid either.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I could see myself potentially dating many of the trans sweeties :3

And even if I wouldn't date a particular trans person, if they had an ethical mind, I would more than likely want to make friends. (*hug*)