1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating as an asexual?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BobbyFabulous, Jun 5, 2015.

1. BobbyFabulous

Hi all,

I'm starting to think about dating again, maybe looking at joining a dating site or something. I want to be honest with those I meet but it's not something I'm sure I would feel comfortable putting on a dating site or talk about in a first date. I just don't want to mislead someone into thinking that I am anything more then romantically and sensually attracted to them. I just don't know how or when would be the right time to approach the fact that I will never be sexually attracted to anyone.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience about dating as an asexual?

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no real ideas, and zero experience of dating (thats dating in general)
    I don't consider myself to be a true 100% asexual, but do feel I'm atleast partly asexual (maybe demi-sexual?), ... but whatever, fact is I've never had sexual relations, and have no plans to change that {something along the lines of an asexual boyfriend would be pretty ideal :lol: }

---
    Anyway..
    I've heard there is an Asexual dating/social-networking site called 'AceBook' (never used it or anything, just know it exists after seeing something posted about it on an Asexual forum)

3. Father Freddie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By all means - get on the Internet and Google everything you can think of on the subject. You'll be surprised what will pop up on your screen.

Another thing you should consider is writing to Ann Landers or Dear Abby. I know that sounds silly but she has a truck load of information and may be able to pass something on to you which will give you some guidance in your journey. You've got nothing to loose.