1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaEsmeralda, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Epoh

I love cats and dogs, and have had three amazing dogs in the semi-recent past, but I think that, overall, I'm a cat person. I grew up with cats, and so they were what I grew to love, I suppose.

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably prefer cats, but I have nothing against dogs as long as they're small, quiet, and cat-like :slight_smile:

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love both. But I have to admit, cats are a lot more independent. But if I had to choose, it'd be a tough choice but I think I'd choose a dog. Or a cat. How about both :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dogs, not even a contest. Cats are athletically amazing, cute, cuddly and even affectionate at times, but dogs can know such fierce love. A lot of dogs would sacrifice themselves for their owners with no hesitation, and frequently the reverse is true too. There's just no companionship quite like the kind they provide.

I also prefer their particular blend of dopeyness and nobility over cats' skittish prissiness. You can roughhouse with them in a way that cats will not find fun. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I prefer dogs over cats I don't know why they just adorable and such. I just don't have that vibe to cats.

6. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

*makes a small voice*

"Look at me, I pounce! I pounce! I pounce! And my claws make cool sound on the sheets when I do it, too! Oh, hey...nice eyeball; I think I'll take it. Aw, why did you blink? I pounce! I pounce! I pounce! I pounce! I..."

*grabs kitten in mid-pounce*

"Dad! I was busy! Arrgh, you don't understand! This is SERIOUS BUSINESS! Oh, screw it. You're a cold man; you know that?"

*feeds kitten*

"Okay, that works."

*dresses and makes coffee*

"Hey, Dad! I like your denim pants a lot better than the khaki. Look! I can climb up them! And your shirt, that is good, too. Ah, now what you making? Uh...you are going to clean the litterpan with that and not drink it, I hope?"

Just another morning with kittens in it.

#66 Christiaan, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  7. tscott

Dogs without question. They are affectionate, loyal companions.

Now, I've known a few cats that display these characteristics, but cats are hit or miss and have a number of negatives: keeping their waste in the house (and where do put the bleeding litter pan), males spray, they claw furniture even with a scratching post, they are aloof, and insensitive to your needs; which is why you got an animal in the first place. Kittens are precious and adorable, sweet and playful. They do, however, grow to become cats.

Cats are a decent substitute, when owning a dog is not in the dog's best interest.

8. guitar

Cats - I wish I weren't allergic :frowning2:

9. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    It also depends on how you socialize them when they're kittens. If you introduce them to lots of different people and take them places so they have new experiences when they're still growing, they're a lot more confident when they grow up. My kitteh doesn't do the whole hiding thing...when I have people over he's right there with the guests, basking in all the glorious attention. My friends know by now that he wants to be the center of attention and he's demanding, not asking, to be petted. :wink:

10. Maeve

I love them both! I can't choose, really.

11. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dogs. Because I love being able to run around and teach tricks and play and cuddle with my pets. Dogs are more needy, but they also tend to be more affectionate, in my experience. They just seem to be a better fit with me.

Also, I'm allergic to cats :lol:

12. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like cats. I have two of them. One is more affectionate than the other, but I love them both. I just like how independent they are.

Dogs require a lot of attention. They're a lot of work.