1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got the sweetest thing today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choirsmash, Jun 4, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Ok so I had commencement rehearsal this morning and when we were done I was coming back to the auditorium to get my stuff and my favorite teacher/mentor stopped me and he was like "hey, I have something for you" and so I followed him into his office and he hands me this envelope and I went to start opening it and he was like "open it later" and I asked him if I was gonna cry and he goes "I dunno, it's just a little something" with this like little smile. So I go home and I open it and I cried haha. I'm gonna share the first two sentences, "Every so often I am fortunate to teach a student that teaches me a thing or two. That student was you for this year." He went on to write about how much I've helped him transition into the school (this was his first year there) and how much my insight and support meant to him. And then he said this, "It actually saved me a couple times and for that I will always remember you." That would be where I cried haha. He put a quote from Thoreau in there too and I loved it. That was really sweet to read. He also put in Harry Potter forever stamps and they are the coast things. I just stared at them a lot because they were just so cool haha. I texted him later just telling him how sweet that was and I told him I loved the stamps and then I told him he was awesome haha. I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow when I see him after graduation (he wants to get a picture)...I'm gonna be a mess. I just thought I'd share that happiness with you guys because I want to tell everyone about this, I just loved it so much. I'll cherish these things and I'll never forget my senior year and all the study halls I spent with him.

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel so happy for you and him! That's very thoughtful of him to do and a wonderful surprise.(*hug*)
    I wish I could get someone's admiration the way you did.

3. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome! It's great to have a teacher or any figure really that's a good role model for ya. Usually authority figures are pretty forgettable but once in awhile someone really makes a difference. Try to keep in touch after high school !

4. nohalos

What an awesome guy! Like armydude said, I think it'd be great to keep in touch after high school. Student-teacher relationships barely go beyond the school doors, so I think it's great to have a mentor such as yours. :grin:

5. choirsmash

I'm definitely going to try to keep in touch. I have his cell phone number already and I'll be adding him on Facebook sometimes after graduation. I'm not gonna just drop him out of my life like most of my teachers haha, he's like a brother to me. It'll be weird to not see him every day, but when I come to visit the school, he will be one of the teachers I visit every single time

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really sweet.

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for sharing this with us. It certainly is very sweet of him :slight_smile: