Please Help! So Lost!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BattyBaby, Jun 1, 2015.

1. BattyBaby

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. I am needing help figuring out my identity/gender and ways to make me happy. I have days where I feel I should be male (Masc Days) and days where I feel I should be female (Fem Days). I am biologically female but some days it doesn't feel right. I am pansexual, that I know. I current call myself gender queer or nin binary just as an umbrella until i can figure out what I am. I was born with the name Courtney but now go by Charlie as it suits me on both fem and masc days. I think I want to have the pronouns they, them etc. used. How so I get my family to call me by my genderqueer name and pronouns? Can anyone help me with what ( term I guess is the right word ) I am??

Im so depressed and confused
    Please help :frowning2::tears::help::bang:

2. Michimon1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you have an understanding family, then there shouldn't be any problems :slight_smile: If not, you may need to sit them down and explain a few things.

I found what worked best for me was to not make it a big deal. It helps that my parents are the most laid-back people you'll ever meet, but over time I just gradually dropped hints - like buying boys' clothes in front of my mum, telling them I like wearing a binder sometimes, mentioning how much I love looking and feeling like a boy.

If you really want to establish that you're genderqueer and have them refer to you by neutral pronouns, then I'd first explain to them what being genderqueer means. Then just tell them it would make you really happy if they could call you by the name you've chosen for yourself and only refer to you as they/ them. If they love you, I'm sure they'll be understanding and supportive :slight_smile:

And Id say you fall into the same category as I do - genderqueer/ genderfluid :slight_smile: Best of luck!!

3. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It sounds like you could be bigender or genderfluid :slight_smile: