1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you see me, body image in the lgbtq community... aye matey she be a fickle one!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, May 31, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, ladies, gents, and cat peoples!!! Today I wanna get into a topic that never really bothered me so much as it does others.... BODY IMAGE *dun-dun-dun-dun*... crappy sound effects. Although I'm around 120-130ish I do get called too skinny or if you wanna recap you can read my other thread on this.. my opinion is that I don't have an opinion.. some people look good with the bod they already have. I'm not saying if you don't like your body type you shouldn't change, but just do what is comfy for you. Alot of the times people do take advantage of me when playing sports despite my athleticism.. yes I just said athleticism. I'm good at sports but I just hate playing them. Still people make fun and say I need to bulk up or have an extra sandwich... and I want to yell " I can't your friggin fraggin son of m##==:frowning2: asss_'(=;_' !!!!" But I prefer to keep it pg 13. I guess some gay guys worry about body image idk, I don't know anyone who's a total gym rat. But when it comes to attraction and I know it's not everyone in the lgbtqa community but some like muscles.... like alo, and I'm not saying muscles are bad. But do you guys ever feel that you have to keep a certain look up in order to attract a mate.. seriously I'm like at a loss for words here. Because I can leave the house in a oversized sweater, jeans, and sneakers, I don't have that much of a so called "gaydar" . So I wouldn't know if someone was checking me out or being mr. Judgey wudgey behind my back. I'd love to hear from you guys. ;-)

2. LiquidSwords

Re: do you see me, body image in the lgbtq community... aye matey she be a fickle one

Pretty sure that as many people like skinny guys as muscly guys. I don't really like guys who are at all hench tbh, I like someone who's more skinny definitely. Ideally not like I can see their ribs but otherwise yeah, way more attractive than big biceps and whatever

I find your writing style funny, please keep it going haha

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: do you see me, body image in the lgbtq community... aye matey she be a fickle one

I have body image issues for sure after being teased so much during jr. high and high school. It was and is still very difficult.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think that my body image is a lot better than that of most girls. So many girls seem to be obsessed with losing weight, even though they already are at a healthy weight. Unless I get overweight, I will be pretty content with my weight. I wish I had more muscle though. I take pride in the muscle I do have.

5. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I was always happy with the way I looked, but I started going to the gym to get fit and maybe feel a little less old as I was starting to find things difficult. Now I feel like I did when I was in my 20s and I think I look alot better than I did. Maybe I'm just getting vain?

6. Formality

I've always felt skinny. I get the feeling people are very obsessed about beauty and muscles to the point that I criticize myself and all my flaws for it. I have those days when I just hate everything about myself and other days I'm completely content with the way I look. I think body image issues are more prominent in the gay community than for straight men.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I am a skinny guy and I dislike it :|. However I don't have serious body image issues, I'm working on a healthier me. I don't need to be a gym rat, some daily exercises and a good diet will do fine. And by good diet I mean "all I can eat" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I really want to crack 20 pull-ups though!

8. Burnedcloset

I'm not content with the way I look. And I want to have big muscles. That's just me though. I've gone from being called fat to too skinny. It sucks. Now it's all about me trying to get muscles. I wanna be that guy with the nice body.

9. CyanChachki

I don't like my weight. I've been trying to lose weight for awhile and it's going away slowly. Still.. it would be so much easier to just be the way I want and not get reminded how "ugly" I look every time I step out of the house.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you ignore the obvious lack of curves and boobs, I don't much mind my body from a health perspective. If it were possible, I'd give it to a transman, because they'd love it I'm sure. It's not Hulk-size muscles, but it's a good foundation for whatever you want.

One thing that kind of limits me, when I am active is, doing too much will give me a bodily shape I don't want. I don't mind a toned body, but when it begins to accumulate too much mass, it kind of kills me on the inside. But I can take pride in knowing, I'm ahead of the bulk (pun intended) of Americans.

11. Numb

I can relate to everything you said (being 5'7 and 110 pounds).. except for the sandwich part, if someone told me i should eat another sandwich, i could probably eat 3 more. On a good day i eat a whole bread/day. But my body is stuck at 110, like anything i gain, i lose in about 2 days. So it's pointless.
    And yeah, seeing that all gay guys are like super buff and stuff makes me pretty self conscious and feel kinda like I'd never be someone's first choice, just because of that.
    In the last few months my body image issues are kinda more manageable than before (i have a really shitty story regarding my body image that ruined a past relationship, but whatever) and yeah.
    I tried working out, nothing really changed in 3-4 months, so I kinda gave up.
    I've kinda gotten used to it, know i cant change it, and I know I'm actually a catch, besides my body being not that great. So however can't see past that, their loss.
    So point is: you should just love your body, especially if you cant do anything to change it, cause you know.. this is the body you live in for all your life, so gotta get used to it.
    Also, I can eat all i want and not gain a pound, I think i win this game.

12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm actually rather obsessed with my body image. Never satisfied.

Ideally, I'd like to have a masculine, skinny, leanly-muscled body. Like this guy.

[​IMG]

13. Numb

*body image issues intensify*

14. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Tell me about it. Like I said that's how I want to be. Right now my body is horrifying.

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

im not really sure what op's question was, but add me to the body image issues list

16. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I love hearing from you guys, oh and if you guys have any suggestions or would like me to discuss an issue that's serious I'd be willing to do it. Up till now my post have been really light hearted, so now I'm gonna go over the more heavy stuff... cream and sugar anyone???....( wait for it)... no I want heavy sugar, LOLZ * crappy joke* just go with it peeps.