1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Christian Beheads Jihadist

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kaiser, May 29, 2015.

1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I know Tennyson, I definitely do. My point is, that killing someone does not make you "no Christian". If that is true, that killing someone causes you to not be a Christian, then I'm guessing that the crusades were not carried out by Catholics? The people, in the crusades, who killed others, were not Christians?

That's what I'm trying to say. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: However, you say the Old Testament is meant to be read in context. What context? Who defines that context? I feel that's exactly the issue with the Old Testament. In fact, that's the whole issue with religion in my opnion, but I'm drifting off-topic now.

Of course it's their agenda, that's the whole point.. Your claim that "everyone living back then agreed to those laws" is not grounded and then you offer "often they were not even fully followed", which is not grounded either. This is not the point of this topic, but you can leave those claims without evidence, it doesn't add much. =)

Moreover, when you get a license to drive a car, you don't agree not to drink and drive. That has nothing to do with it, that comes from your own moral compass, not from that license.

Like I said before, that's your interpretation of the doctrine and clearly not the interpretation.

Of couse, when someone says 2 and 2 is 22, it doesn't mean it is that way. However, you are now comparing a set of mathematical rules to a moral guidebook. Such a comparison is not completely accurate. There are some ground rules, established by people, which we chose to follow. That doesn't mean it is right, because it's just some rules. Others might think different and base the number system on something else. Like, we agreed on saying that in the decimal system 2 + 2 equals 4. However, in other number systems, such as base-3, we come to a different conclusion. 2 and 2 is 11 in base-3.

I totally disagree with your last sentence. Simply because you hold a different view, doesn't mean the other is "ignorant or unlearned in the context and understanding of the subject".

I do understand your point, but I definitely disagree with your first bit (which I already explained, so I won't repeat it again). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yes, I think you are right, the fact that he identifies as Christian is more of a cry for attention than an actual necessity in my opinion.

2. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tbh being in such a hostile environment for so long some people are bound to snap and do such horrible things.

As an Assyrian myself I do feel for my people but beheading ISIS members is not gonna solve anything even tho I do understand the rage and wanting vengeance towards people who are trying to eradicate you from history, raping and selling children and executing people.

I'm not justifying his actions but i'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier tbh. How do people not become monsters themselves when surrounded by so much evil?

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because some people strongly object to killing others. The actions of others don't always cause someone else to do that too, as is the case with this too. =)

4. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do understand that but just because you object to something doesn't mean you won't/can't do it either. What i was trying to say is that ofc most people won't succumb to it but I'm surprised more people haven't. :slight_smile:

#24 PressPlay, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  5. DoriaN

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would never want to kill someone, but if I was in Kobani, (for example) and the only was to avoid dying or being a sex slave of an ISIS member was to defend myself, I'd do it. Regardless of religion, it's only natural to want to survive. The fault for whatever happens to my attacker falls on him for trying to harm me. I would not however, behead an ISIS prisoner, that is merely revenge.

7. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The difference between a psycho and a religious fanatic is that the psycho has no cause, but the fanatic is self-righteous and therefore does.
    The difference between the self-righteous and the evil man is that the evil man is aware of his nature while the self-righteous is oblivious to theirs and assigns blame on the evil men, tragically unaware they are the same. Murder is never justified, unless a life is threatened.
    This isn't the Christian thing for him to do but sadly for him it is and even sadder for the victim. The animosity in this situation will turn the greenest seeds into the darkest just like in the Stanford Prison experiment and the Al Ghraib incident.

8. RainDreamer

Those who fight monsters...

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with everything you said. I have one little correction however. If your life or the life of an innocent person is threatened, and all you're doing is defending yourself from harm, that may or may not end up with the attacker dying, but it is not murder. All murders are killings, but not all killings are murder.

10. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I agree with that. When a person is in immediate danger of death, they are justified in killing. That's the only time.

11. Blakeee

Violence is never the answer, ever. Also, what happened to "thou shall not kill?" He doesn't seem too Christian to me. It's also horrible for the "Islamic" extremists kill others when it says in their religion that they shouldn't and that Christians should be tolerated because "they are people of the book." These people don't represent their religions at all.

12. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're quoting one of the Ten commandments, I've been told from a reliable source that in the original commandments given to Moses prior to Christianity was "Thou shall not murder", not "Thou shall not kill."

13. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Clearly, religious intolerance and fanaticism cuts both ways.