1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is Strange

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spacetime, May 29, 2015.

1. annibomb

Out Status:
    A few people
    My whole family is obsessed with this game. Whenever an episode comes out my brother, mum and me sit down and they watch me play it and it makes me so happy that they love it as much as I do

2. Knave

That's awesome. I can't even get my friends to try the game, you have an awesome family.

3. Miko

Miko Guest

I love Life is Strange, the whole best friend relationship between Max and Chloe really reminds me of me and my girlfriend. I'm so hoping you can enter a relationship with Chloe before the game is out, they'd make a great couple.

4. sharkpool

I'm surprised nobody has revived this thread yet. I've just finished playing episode 4 and all i can say is O-M-G
    Have You played it yet? What are your thoughts?

5. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I... just... finished episode 4, and just... wow.

One of my friends theorized the culprit.
    But still..

Damn.

6. Maugz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've played it and :

SPOILERS ALERT

My hopes and theory are that Nathan is going to save us with the help of Victoria
    because i've been nice to them even tho they were pricks.
    And at the end of episode 5 i'm sure there will be a full rewind option to get back in the beginning of the story and run away with Rachel, Chloe, Kate and Max!

7. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love love love love love love love this game so much! I can't play it, because I don't have a console, but I do watch Pewdiepie play it on youtube. It's so amazing, and it it's just absolutely beautiful. The graphics are amazing, the songs, the relationships, just everything is amazing about it!​

8. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh my goodness I REALLY want to get this game!! Can't wait till I can! :grin: I've learned about this game by PewdiePie and watched his playthrough :wink:

9. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a theory, or it's more or less a theory that's already circulating. In case not everyone is up to date I've enclosed it with spoiler tags.

So there is a theory going around the fandom that Max will go back in time, to the beginning of the game. Using the photo of the butterfly, she will successfully go back to the scene in the bathroom. However instead of intervening to save Chloe's life, she will instead allow Nathan to shoot her. This may seem grim, but there's good reason to see this as a good option.

Max has stepped out of the natural world, decided to play god to save people. (Chloe, Kate, etc..) A recurring theme in stories like this is when someone decides to play god, they end up getting punished. In this case it was triggering the end of the world.

The theory claims that she will realize this, and go back, nullifying her powers and allowing the world to carry on as it should. Chloe would die, and Rachel would still be dead. But it would be likely that Kate could still be saved.

I know this might sound grim to some people. Especially to those who like Chloe, but the unfortunate truth is that she's going to die regardless. The game has proven that. She's died (definitely) twice (three times if you count her canon death), and two times optionally. This same kind of thing can be seen in the Final Destination movies, or even in the show LOST when dealing with Charlie. You can put off death, but if you're meant to die, then you're going to.

I think the developers were trying to let us Pricefield shippers know this beforehand though. In Ep. 4 there seemed to be some pressure on Max x Warren, and Brooke's character arc even completes with her being okay with it. Also while I have no doubt Chloe probably has something going on for Max, her crying out that she loved Rachel was probably another stuble hint that it wasn't going to happen.

This ending would definitely bring the story full circle. You can't stop everything, and sometimes nature is just cruel. But trying to play it to your desires isn't going to bring you anywhere but down. I don't think it was coincidence that it was a butterfly that came to Max in the bathroom. (The story is obviously influenced by The Butterfly Effect after all.) And I would be surprised if that didn't come up as important later on.

Of course this ending would have good points too, Max could use the shooting to frame Nathan and get a dangerous individual out of way (or to even get help), Rachel's body could be found, and Jefferson could be stopped earlier on.

Overall I think the theory has some fairly solid points. As someone who does love Chloe, it does seem kind of fatalistic. But I just can't see this game having a totally happy ending.

That being said there are probably going to be different endings anyways. But this is my thoughts for at least one of them.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I just watched episode 4 the other day & the feels. (´Д` )

SPOILER:
    A friend told me of a theory before ep. 4 came out that it was the teacher & wtf, who fucking knew that shit. Seriously. Big plot twist? Idk. Maybe the clues were there but it was subtle.

11. GabsBoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love this game so much ! It seemed like such an "innocent" game at first and now..with all this stuff that happened, it's so dark.. I had chills while playing the whole 4th episode. I love it !

12. sharkpool

SabreBear, i didn't know about that theory. But now that i do, it sounds very logical and probable D:

13. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. There's also the possibility that she goes back through the selfie she took in Jefferson's class. It would be less dramatic/meaningful, however it might actually make more sense in continuity. Considering that the beginning of the game starts off with the "dream" of her in a hurricane, and then saying "that felt so real"/etc.

I think either or would be a good bet.

Also, I happened across this in my YouTube travels. I don't think anyone needs this, but Language Warning. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[YOUTUBE]M1b8P-sgwAY[/YOUTUBE]

14. sharkpool

LOL that actually made me laugh!!

15. Kaya-Sente

I was able to guess the culprit at the party. It was a "so that's where this story is going" kind of dissapointing in my opinion.

Since i didn't jump in the convo earlier, I totally ship Chloe Max. I get too sentimental, if given a choice for that theory provided, I would let the world end first.

16. Lazuri

I just picked this up and played through it. If I don't get the option to save Chloe at the end, I'm going to punch somebody. Also, I figured out it was Jefferson somewhere around the middle. I have a knack for these things.

#76 Lazuri, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  17. Kaya-Sente

Considering some important plot points have been mentioned and people have given up on sneakytalk it might be a good idea to throw a "Spoiler" warning on this thread.

18. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone know what consequence might it be to inform the beggar lady outside the whales diner restaurant, in episode 3 may be, that Max had a feeling of Arcadia Bay being in danger?

19. sharkpool

she tells max that she is right and that she feels the same way or something like that

20. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hm, that's her response to Max but there was no consequence shown! I hope she has an important role as well.