1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pursuing a Guy in a Strictly Straight Enviorment

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by need4coffee, May 28, 2015.

1. need4coffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, So I'm taking a course in construction for a few weeks, and there's this guy in my class who SEXY, and seems smart and all that good stuff! He's given me a few signals (I've given him a few signals too). He's a little bit more "colourful" than most guys that you would find in a construction course. So I'm about 90% sure that he's gay and not just bromancing. But the problem is its a really small class, and the instructors are pretty old, and just don't really understand. (these will be my teachers again next year and the year after) Its just kind of easier for me to just go with the flow and blend in as straight. And I think he kinda feels the same.

However, with the classmate I'm interested in, I don't want him to think I'm straight and lose interest, so what I'm looking for is some clever questions and hints that will fly under the radar, or that I could pass off as a joke or something. any ideas?

2. mangotree

Instead of using tricks and word games, why don't you just see if he wants to hang out before or after class sometime? or do homework or a project together?

3. Gen

Gen

Bring up the subject of LGBTQ and gauge his mindset towards homosexuality. If he says positive things, then come out to him. If he is accepting of homosexuals, it is less likely that he would run back and tell other members of the class about your sexuality. From that point on the ball will be in his court.

If he is accepting, then the worst case scenario in coming out to him would be making a new supportive friend.

4. nohalos

Maybe you can start off as being friends? I mean, if you're that sure, then probably there's not much to be worried about.

Ask him to hang out and stuff, going to a coffee shop would be nice. Get to know each other and stuff.

Have you ever talked to each other? It might be a nice starter if you're in class and you're like: "Need some help?" or "Nice going you got there," or something construction related.

Good luck!