1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed Up Sleep Schedules!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miko, May 27, 2015.

1. Miko

Miko Guest

Very wide variety of sleep schedules, morning people and night owls!

I always knew sleep was a subject people are very individual with, but I didn't expect to see so much variation so soon. Thanks to everyone who's posted so far and everyone who is yet to post, this is brilliant! ^^

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During school I tend to try to go to bed at 1-2 am to wake up at 10 am but it's not been working and I usually get to sleep at 3 am. During weekends sometimes I end up staying up until 5-6 am! I'm pretty much a night owl. I feel so much more productive and have much more mental clarity late into the AM's (until I suddenly start getting sleepy). But, I think I feel better on a schedule of maybe 3-11 am or something. If I stay up too late I feel crappy the next day.. But that MAY be because either A) I sit around all day the next day (summer), or B) I have to wake up early and get no sleep.

3. Jellal

My sleep schedule is all over the fucking place.

It's how I prefer to live my life though. The less it's controlled by someone else the better.

4. Miko

Miko Guest

Yes on both these points! Very much me. x3

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sleep schedule varies. Years ago, I'd be up until 10AM and I'd be asleep until like 8PM. These days it depends. Sometimes I'm out for the count at 3AM or even 7AM, and I'll be out of it until 1-2PM or even 4PM.

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now I tend to go to bed around midnight, and wake up around 9-10:30. But it takes me several hours to actually fall asleep :/

If I go to bed too early, then I just lay there awake for a few extra hours. If I go to bed later I either wake up at the time I normally do, feeling tired and unable to fall back asleep, or sleep in later ^.^

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I sleep 6 to 7 hours a night and then take a 1-2 hour nap in the early afternoon.

8. Psaurus918

Damn! 2-4PM?! You must work nights?

9. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really have a sleep schedule per se. Sometimes I'm awake for only 12 hours, and sometimes I'm awake for 40 plus. It just really depends on what I'm supposed to be doing at the time, and if insomnia will leave me alone or not. It's better for me to not fight it, if I try to go to sleep when I'm not tired I'll lay there awake all night. I like night anyway :slight_smile:

10. Froot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh man. I'm the worst when it comes to trying to maintain a sleep schedule. A few weeks ago I went to bed at 2am and woke up at around 10am. But now it turned into going to bed at 8am-ish and waking up in the afternoon :confused:
    And yeah I don't have anything to be "up in time for" so. Love staying up throughout the A.M. hours :3

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been trying to go to bed earlier and I would've had it not been for that blasted Carmen Sandiego!!!

[​IMG]

So long as I don't go to bed at 4AM or later, it's an improvement. If I go to sleep too late I won't get my full hours of sleep. I should be getting 12, because I'm still growing. If I go to bed on time (I prefer around 10PM), I'll be up in the morning as opposed to waking up closer to noon. If I go to sleep too early, around 8PM, I'm bound to wake up during the night and have to force myself to go back to sleep, throwing me off in the process.

I absolutely can't take naps during the day. It always throws me off my sleep schedule and I spend the rest of the day feeling like crap.

12. nohalos

Right now, I sleep at around 3-4 and wake up at 9-10. I really lack sleep but all these gay films.....

13. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I'm an extreme morning person.

I sleep from about 8pm to 3am, because I get tired loads earlier than normal people and then I wake up at 3am and can't sleep. Still, 7 hours isn't bad, is it?

14. QuecksilverEyes

I got to bed at around one o' clockish and wake up around six
    Works for me^^

15. HugasaurusRex

Sleep? What is this action you speak of?

I have sooo much trouble sleeping it is becoming a rather big strain on my sanity and happiness. But I still will not allow it to make me unhappy! I used to have a great sleep routine, but then uni started and all the work I had to do made me stay up most nights...And 5 years later I am still suffering from it...Yay routines :rolle:

And what is worse no matter what time I do eventually fall asleep, I ALWAYS get up at 8AM without fail. I think 10AM was the latest I managed to sleep in to :sleep: