1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Consent form signed under threat of jail

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Simple Thoughts, May 24, 2015.

1. Psaurus918

I can't believe we actually agree on something. I'm glad I was snipped at birth as well... As someone who enjoys being circumcised and is deathly afraid of surgery im glad I didn't have to make that decision on my own. It's done and I don't have to worry about it!

2. maselalala

Can circumcison be reversed? :frowning2:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that you're okay with being circumcised is not an argument in it's favor. Harms can't be argued in terms of self-assessments.

4. Gentlewoman

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'll register with agreeing with the genderal idea that children shouldn't get circumcised outside of medical necessity (not lowered risk of disease, but actual medical problems).

I also realized that I wasn't sure whether I am circumcised or have a small foreskin, so I texted my dad, which apparently amused him. He says I was circumcised, and when I asked why he said because it's just what you do with boys, and there wasn't really any thought or anything put into it. Granted, I plan on getting SRS, so the integrity of my penis isn't exactly important to me, but it still would have been nice to be asked.

I also know for a fact my half brother isn't circumcised, so I guess my stepdad feels differently on the issue, or it's an issue of timelines, given that I came about in the early 90s and my brother came about in the late 90s.

5. 741852963

Well my suspicions of the pro-circumcision studies used by the CDC and clearly this judge appear founded.

A key voice in the studies is Dr Brian Morris. Now Morris is a long time supporter of circumcision, even publishing a book called "In Favour of Circumcision" (which was slammed as misrepresenting the science) way back in 1999 (no bias there then!).

He actually claims that circumcision prevents hypertension (high blood pressure) and renal disease (kidney disease) and is actively advocating for circumcision to be made compulsary. He claims circumcision should be offered "like vaccines" to all newborn boys...heres the thing Doc...vaccines save thousands of lives, circumcision does not. His website is quite cultish too, note the interesting inclusion:

Who would say that?

He also makes wild claims with no basis in truth about uncircumcised men. For instance claiming all uncirc men have a "whitish film" on their penis. Smegma, what he is referring to is only visible and problematic if men haven't washed themselves correctly for a very long time. He has also come under fire for in the past having various links to fetish sites on the website.

So why on earth are the CDC listening to men like Morris? That is my question.

Now on the sensitivity issue - they are still referring to work done by Masters and Johnsons in the 60s. Just as a reminder folks - these two actually ran homosexual conversion programs and claimed they were successful (by fabricating studies). So hardly compelling is it?