1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out with the young in with the old.. did I get it right this time!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, May 22, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ladies, gents, and cat people!! My quick q for today is would you date someone younger or older... my take on this is that I would date someone older, maybe two or one year(s) older, but then again "why not someone younger?" I've asked myself.... I think it all kinda comes down to mental maturity for me. I was so shocked when my mom gave me the"talk"about soon finding my own place... she said she wasn't worried because I pretty much know how to cook, clean,etc.. then I gave her a look and said. " don't most adults already know how to do that stuff?" ...Her answer was no. I'm often told by friends and by myself that if I ever got into a relationship then people would have to guess our roles XD. I think it'd be kinda harder... but more adorable if I did (ever do) date someone younger than me. I'd love to hear your guy's comments. Bye bye ;-)(!)(!)(!)

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would probably want to date younger. I say this for no other reason than I want to feel young as much as I can. Jkjk. Much like you, it all comes down to mental maturity. If they're younger then I'd hold them to the expectation that comes with dating an older man. The converse is also true, if I was to be the younger one, I'd probably do damn well to make sure I'm mature as they are. Of course emotional maturity would also be a thing i.e., not throwing a fit whenever someone doesn't get there way.
    Dating younger wouldn't be an issue but dating older wouldn't be totally crossed off my mind.

3. DragKing692

I don't care, but someone younger, someone who I could just look out for and be a kindly gentlemanly girl to would be nice.

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Im 56 and I dated a 22 year old female for a while.
    so I guess I would date someone younger. I dont have to worry about dating someone equally older. they are already dead. but then again, how dead and are they at least still warm to the touch? decisions decisions.....

5. The Wallflower

I would date someone 10 years older... or younger, but it has to be true love. I have to be 100% sure of what I'm getting into.

After all... love is love, right? No gender, no age.

Just my opinion.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell, I can't even be friends with people much less mature than me. At this point in time, I definitely get along best with people in the 5-15 years older than me age bracket.

(didn't mention anything about age differences in dating because tbh I'll take anyone)

#6 Batman, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

In July I won't be able to date anyone younger than me without being put on a registry. But tbh, it feels strange even being friends with people who are younger than me. I have friends who are a year or two younger, but I couldn't imagine dating any of them. I have a brother & sister 17 & 16 years older than me, respectively, so I've always been the baby. I've always hung out with older people or people my age & been much more comfortable that way. But, we can't help who we fall in love with, so if I end up falling for someone younger I doubt I'd mind.

8. Beebop

Beebop Guest

Currently, I seem to attract women who are significantly my junior. Mental maturity is very important in these cases. I've found that women who are in my age bracket are fun to chat and hang out with but I haven't found any that I would consider dating (i.e. I'm not romatically attracted to them). I've found that age doesn't seem to matter as much with men, as the ones I've encountered all act like teenagers.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably would only consider a serious relationship with someone within a few years of my age.

10. Yosia

10 years younger? Don't go dating any six year olds please. xD

11. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My gf is 18 years older than me. At first I thought it won't be OK but she surprised me. It became a serious relationship and I'm pretty happy in it. :slight_smile:
    However, I'm afraid that when I will be older, say 30 yo the differences between us will be bigger and while I would look young she would rather look old. :frowning2:

12. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive dated only older people. Oldest been 10year older. But i would say 1-2 year older was always better. Those i have no experience dating women yet. So i would say i was bi till i accepted that its not for me.

13. The Wallflower

Oh no definitely not! Haha, you know what I mean. :lol:

14. HugasaurusRex

I don't care much about age...I mean Johnny Depp is 51...And I damn want him! GIVE HIM ME NOW!!!! But on a serious note, why should age matter so long as it is legal?

15. The Wallflower

[​IMG]