1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offensive Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bi in MD, May 21, 2015.

1. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just for fun.
    What offensive bumper stickers have you seen.
    You know, the ones that really just make you want to get out in traffic and rip it off the car and shove it down the drivers throat.

I have a few political ones, but I do I put them on to counter the ones that I found offensive to me. I have people come past and flip me off, and I have people come past and give me the thumbs up.

so what have you seen on cars that you dont think belongs on the road in public view.

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't really think of any offensive ones I've seen. Haven't seen any "pro-family" ones or anything like that. I see a lot of political ones, but I don't find those offensive.

Personally I find bumper stickers tacky, so I don't think I would ever have one. Though a "U.S. Out of Everywhere" one might be fun to have :wink:

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Confederate Flag bumper sticker. I am sorry i understand ancestral pride but it is time to get with reality that the confederates were on the wrong side of history and its just opens the door to hostility now days.

4. Psaurus918

This! I never really got why people put political stickers on their car.. To show support I guess but it seems like people do it more along the lines of just pissing people off.

I just got a new car so I don't have anything on it, but my last car had a couple stickers from the car rallies I've worked with and a ADK sticker from when I donated to preserving the Adirondacks.

Only thing I find offensive are the guys that put confederate flags on their trucks usually followed with some southern sticker. I saw one not that long ago that said "The south will rise again" like wtf?! You live in NY buddy....

5. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like that. Have to figure out how to imply not only our troops, but our influence and our foriegn aid be removed. The world would be well on its way to healing if the U.S wasnt giving money except in cases of natural disaster.

---------- Post added 21st May 2015 at 01:22 PM ----------

You do understand that the saying The South Will Rise Again is a statement about states rights that actually has nothing to do with slavery. It is applicable to all states north and south. We could all use a little less federal government in our lives.

6. Psaurus918

Where did I say it had to do with slavery? And could we?

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. It just makes them look bitter that they lost, and thus feel this need to 'rise again'? From what? Not having slaves, that's what, and not being able to have legal segregation. Yes, one may also have pride in one's place, but that flag is pushing things. There's other more tasteful ways.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, what if I had a sticker that said "The North will defeat the South again"? I don't think people would like that. Either way, I don't like the idea of invoking a war that caused more American deaths than both world wars combined.

9. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

My teacher has one that says "Forget Tibet, Free America" and some other offensive ones but I forget what they say.

10. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, we really could, I really dont need the idiots from either side of that isle telling me how to live. If I want to supersize a sugar loaded coke, then thats my choice to do so.
    If I want to buy health insurance, I can buy it, if I dont, I dont need some federal law telling me Im going to be fined. the list is long. we dont need the federal government beyond diplomacy and defence.
    and thats the most common argument against the flag of the confederacy. Those that oppose it claim its a racist emblem.

11. deedee97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It wasn't a bumper sticker, but it was on the back of the car. It said " the south shall rise again." People just can't seem to move forward

12. Psaurus918

No, they don't. You can't claim that others claim it's a racist emblem. Again I've yet to see you point out where I said it was because of slavery and racism. There are good federal laws and bad ones, to go as far as saying we don't need a federal government is going too far but I'm not turning a thread about bumper stickers into a political debate.

13. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    It was an assumption on my part.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Easy.

It had to be custom made. There's no way it was official merchandise, LOL...

It was an anti-Obama bumper sticker that said 'Yes We Klan'.

The racism alone is offensive, but there's a graver crime here:

The ignorance. It is asininity to the max.

I hate the Ku Klux Klan, almost as much as that mustachioed guy and his krazy pals. I'm not kool with that, LOL.

Let's Talk About Racism...​
    It's stupid.

No, seriously. It is. LOL.

But it is a serious and sensitive topic...

Let's dive in~!​

Everybody jokes about the Ku Klux Klan. Yes, they are grown folks dressed as pointy-headed ghosts, hooting and hollering around a bonfire. Cross-burning is actually frowned upon in Kentucky.

College basketball, fried chicken, and tough on cross-burning. Good job, Kentucky.

But the sadly scary thing about these stupid spooks is... at one time, they had respectable political and cultural sway. I mean, a lot of folks were kind of pissed about that whole American Civil War... or as we Southerners like to call it, the Yankee occupation.

Imagine a bunch of drunk frat boys with fancy mustaches, and the power of racist advantage, running rampant with no serious check. It's the Tea Party, minus the everything, LOL. Same enthusiastic idiocy, totally different levels of competence.

This was the Ku Klux Klan. I'm not going to bore you with names, but it's a dark piece of American history. The Klan was relevant until the end of World War II--

Remember that asinine Austrian with the funny little mustache? Yeah, after what he did, everybody was turning against the whole racial superiority culture. In a very ironic way, supreme racism inspired racial progress. It only took a world war to realize, you know, maybe them negroes didn't deserve those centuries of exploitation. And yes I said negroes; I've experienced a 3-hour black Southern church service; come talk to me after you do the same, LOL.

The Klan started to decline after that, and society started to relax. It just took until the 1960s to get what 1861 was about. That's terrible, America.

What remains of the Klan, around here, are young frat boys and beer-bellied truck drivers, and a few women. While they don't attack or kill minorities, they're still a fucking nuisance.

You have not experienced Hell until you've heard a KKK playlist...

Nazi punk rock, Hank Williams, and Godawful dubstep Nazi techno.

They like to wave Confederate flags and recite cute little phrases, which blocks traffic or reminds me that the Ku Klux Klan still exists... and their second-largest residence is a car ride away.

They're annoying and willingly stupid. But here there's a bit of irony...

The Klan relies heavily on selling drugs to function, and lower income areas tend to be significantly non-white, so they are kind of destroying African-Americans with narcotic nooses... some sobering knowledge, right there.

See, I can make serious puns?

But seriously, racism is not productive, not appreciated, and not cute. That's why that license plant particularly blew my mind, LOL.

Let's Talk about the Confederate Flag...
    As for the Stars and Bars, I prefer it aesthetically to the Union flag. I even own a Confederate flag, simply for historical purposes.

But is it racist?

Some say it represents everything about the South, and that's fine. But it's only fair to do the same with the American flag, what still happens under Ol' Glory. Less than a decade vs more than a century, it's obvious who has the heavier weight.

I'm not going to debate whether it is or isn't, because it's an issue not everyone will agree with. Everybody else can do that, I've always wondered why it took so long to justify that civil war instead. The Union seemed to care equally to their Confederate counterparts, with all that segregation fun courtesy of Jim Crow.

Yes, we burned Atlanta and killed our fellow countrymen... just so we could still be a dick to blacks? Where is the lesson?

There's reasons why people dislike that flag, and it's understandable. But everybody needs to check their flag, 'cause they're all filthy or bloody.

Mm.

For the record:
    Confederate bumper stickers are usually a bad idea.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely despise Confederate flag bumper stickers. Yeah, yeah, I get how that war you lost was about "state's rights", but a state's right to do what? Let its people own SLAVES. Slavery was the primary cause of the US Civil War, Scott v Sanford, The Pottawatomie Massacre, Bleeding Kansas, the writing of Uncle Tom's cabin, and the election of President Abraham Lincoln (an abolitionist) all point to this. To say that any other state's rights other than a state's right to let its white male citizens own slaves is revisionist history. Hopefully one day in this country flying the Johnny Reb will be looked at the same way the Nazi Germany flag is looked upon in Germany today. Any use of the Confederate flag other than for historical purposes is despicable to me.

16. Hizaki

^Splendid post!

17. Foz

Foz Guest

I have this one on my car, some woman came up to me in a car park complaining cause she thought it was a lesbian reference, not twin turbo XD

[​IMG]

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Living in a rural Republican area, I see plenty of racist anti-Obama bumper stickers around here. The worst I've ever seen around here said, "It's called the White House for a reason!"

19. timo

I find any bumper sticker offensive. Why would anyone want to ruin their car with a sticker.

Unless you drive a Prius, then I get it. Those things can only get prettier.

20. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have that on my truck, I have a 6.6 duramax with twin banks.. LOL nobody ever thought it was a lesbian reference to the best of my knowledge..