Your style evolution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XenaxGabby, May 20, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From ages elementary to middles I wore jeans and collared shirts... like always... not kidding
    From ages kinda eighth through high school, I wore baggy denim, sweaters, hoodies, long sleeves, and sneakers. Tpday I guess my style is or as I call it "layed back couch potato"... XD o don't really dress unless it is something important.

2. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ive always worn black, all black.
    to this day, as in right now, from bottom to top, black shoes, black socks black slacks, black shirt, greyish bluish type tie, black jacket.
    oh, and my sunglasses.. guess what color the lenses are.

When I get home I will change into something more comfortable like, black pants and black tennis shoes with a tee shirt,, takes time to pick out the color but I think Im going with black.
    hard to find clothes in my closet when the lights are out.
    my underwear is white.. all white

3. tscott

Ditto, except when I was a kid I wore wool shorts cut and sewn shirts and knee socks. I got bullied a bit for that, until I fought back. I often get asked if I have every Polo ralph makes :grin:

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You all sound very stylish and unique!

Storm, I can relate to feeling the need to dress more grown up. My job requires me to dress fairly formal but sometimes I just want to dress more casual. I miss being in school:frowning2:

#24 XenaxGabby, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    As teen i used to wear tight tops, comfortable pants and hoodies or some men shirts. Now days i dress bit more femine but im still wishing to wear slutty, exposing clothes. (some ppl think thats bad) ive always looked up those girls that are pretty as barbie dolls.

6. Psaurus918

When I was a kid I wore anything I didn't care about style.

Middle/High school I wore skateboarding clothes and shoes or band tees

College and now I mostly wear "preppy" clothes polos, button ups, shorts and jeans, nike shox or boat shoes

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm.

*Up until grade 5 my mom decided (is that late? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    *Grade 6-10 I was TERRIBLE. Sweat pants, stuff that was too baggy/wrinkled/stained...

Since then I guess I've been dressing kinda preppy
    *In the summer: polos (occasional T shirt) and cargo shorts
    *Winter: So much plaid :lol: and jeans

8. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have pretty much had the same style my whole life. Jeans/basketball shorts/sweat pants, t-shirt, sneakers, and hoodie or sweatshirt if necessary. And my hair style has been very similar as well, I have very curly hair naturally, so of course, I wanted straight hair like no one's business. For a while, I accepted my curls, but then I straightened it every day. I would love my curls back now though.

9. candyjiru

I love dresses~~~ But when I was in middle school, my dad decided he didn't like my clothes (all regular dresses, knee-length, high-collar...) so he cut all my clothes up into rags... T.T

...I also got lectures on how my clothes were ugly... but now that I'm on my own, I dress preppy/dolly and no one can tell me otherwise~~ *triple snaps* XD

10. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Up to around age 5: Pretty girly with dresses and pink shirts, whatever my mom got for me
    Most of elementary school: More tomboyish or casual, HATED wearing dresses unless I absolutely had to
    5th grade to middle school: Oh gosh this was my "trying to fit in somewhat" period. Basically, I just wore all the popular brand name shirts like Aeropostale, then eventually started getting better
    Now: More tomboyish but still stylish, basically I'm experimenting with different styles and I wear a LOT of flannel/button down shirts

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I don't think it's been a drastic change in the way I dress? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well there was elementary school like up to first grade when my mom would choose my clothes until I decided I wanted to dress myself which is when it went down hill :lol:

Hmmm then in middle school I was sort of like, really ugly jeans and *shivers* plaid! Which I hate btw :lol:

Freshman year I decided I wouldn't let my mother go but clothes with me anymore because then she would just give me what sh wanted and it made me uncomfortable *we weren't that close then* I wore jeans stayed away from shorts I still do, and wore really ugly shirts haha with a he worst patterns it was just stripes...stripes...and more stripes... :lol:

Sophomore year was good I stepped way out of my zone haha really got into the chukka boot :lol: but anyways I liked this year becaus I experimented with its a bit? I mean in the end I stuck to the generic colors but still I mean I TRIED things out? :slight_smile: haha well yea...

12. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I'm only thirteen so not sure if this counts...
    1st -4th grade - Whatever my mom made me wear, usually skirts and dresses, I didn't care
    5- 6th - Never wore a skirt or dress, but very girly, too much makeup, and giant earrings
    7th grade-some of 8th - Baggy, guy's tshirts, baggy long jeans, converse or sneakers. No makeup or jewelry
    Now - Quirky, colorful, bold clothing, i Like high boots, multiple ear piercings, and occasionally some jewelry. Usually stands out in front of others. I like it : 3

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Impressive symbolism, really. Though you make me wonder about that tie....

14. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in middle school, I was a little "skater boy". I had shaggy hair, I wore baseball caps all the time, hoodies, Converse...I wish I could post a photo because I looked unrecognizable. I almost looked like Justin Bieber a bit. I was really kinda just looking the way my best friend looked. I wanted to look like him because he was "cool". Before that, I paid almost no attention to anything I wore. I wore what my parents bought for me.

Anyway, after age 13 or so, I started cultivating my own style, which remains more or less to today. I cut my hair short, started wearing "preppier" outfits, but kept the skinny jeans and canvas shoes look. Oh, and I love V-neck T-shirts :slight_smile:

It's ironic because I looked more effeminate with my longer hair at age 11-12 than I do now, even though now is when I've embraced my "feminine" side much more.

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to really not care what I wore.

Then I kinda went through a "Batman" phase, where I'd only wear black and maybe dark gray.

In High School, I wanted to be more like Kenny McCormick, so I'd wear hoodies all the time. People got REALLY accustomed to me wearing hoodies, especially black ones. I still have a Batman hoodie I got from Six Flags, when I didn't have anything and it was really chilly out. That kinda became my signature hoodie. Did I become more like Kenny? No. I still ended up more like Butters.

Around that time, I had my initial acne breakouts, so I did everything I could to keep myself looking as cute as possible. So what did I do? I started making sure my hoodies were at least one size larger than my regular size.

Then I found out I was transgender.

The hood started coming off, I started wearing more vibrant/cute colors, cosplays began to be a priority for me to express without fully coming out.

Recently, I've grown more of a craving for skirts and dresses. It used to be primarily because I had acne between my legs, and I wanted the venting to help with that. Now, it's becoming increasingly a gender expression thing. I really wish for the day I can go into work, maybe a post-house, and wear a skirt or dress.

My wardrobe still contains mostly black T-shirts, but I have a TON of Tshirts, and the increase in black Tees is only because I'm a huge nerd, and I love my nerdy shirts. Most of which have a black background, to contrast with the design on the tee.

16. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ I LOVE nerdy shirts! Definitely have a few and want more:slight_smile:

17. CyanChachki

I've went through many styles and phases. Very feminine, Casual, Punk, Goth, Punk, Emo, Dressy and right back to casual again.

18. Spacewalker

My style evolution has been rather... weird.
    I dressed as a boy when I was a kid but with some rare very girly perks. In middle school I tend to wear thick fleece pullovers. Then I moved on to sweatjackets and weird tshirts. Then I had an emo phase, then moved on to gothic although I didn't dress extremely gothic. Well then when I was about 16-17 I had a mixture consisting of punkish and gothic but that was more like band shirts, black stuff and black black black stuff. So, now I'm a mixture of punkish and hippie.... I don't know how that came up but there are days when I'd like to jump around as a very colorful happy hippie and then there are days where I like to dress all black again being sliiiiightly mad mooded.
    That is so confusing. I'm playing with the thought to just combine a black skull shirt with some green purple indian pair of trousers.... I'm basically a hippie goth. Sounds so weird...

#38 Spacewalker, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  19. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was little, I just wore whatever my mom wanted me to wear. Now, I still go shopping with my mom, but I try to find the least girly and most sporty clothes possible. My mom would never let me get anything from the boys section. I don't wear anything with too much pink. I prefer mostly natural colors with the occasional bright color. I always wear sneakers to school. I do not usually wear hats or jewelry. I only wear dresses for special occasions.

20. LazyBirb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've changed my style A LOT. Below 8 years old my mother and grandmother dressed me; they made me into a weirdo. I wore pink psychedelic leggings all the time and cartoon shirts for most of my childhood, and my hair was NEVER past my neck. Then when I got to 9 and 10 I started to wear a jacket most of the time and stuff that no one else wore at school and I thought I was better than them; my hipster phase, my hair got longer. When I got to 11, 12 and 13 it was time for the scene phase, I started to wear skinny jeans that were colorful and band t-shirts like Brokencyde and Blood On The Dance Floor, my hair was insanely layered and I teased it everyday. Now more relevant to my style, ages 14 and 15 after I started to realize that the funny feeling I felt everyday was not "me" but the real me and I then knew that I was transgender, I wear comfortable clothing and mostly black, loose everything, and I have black steel-toed work boots that I wear, mainly to protect myself, and my hair is shorter on the sides and longer on top, not by much though. ^.^