1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mero, May 19, 2015.

1. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

I've always gotten along great with my mom and older brother. With my dad not so much. He calls himself a "realist", but that's just a bad excuse for being a homophobic racist. I'll definitely come out to my bro first because he is awesome. My mom might think at first that I'm just lying to make my dad angry but I think she'll accept it after some time....hopefully then my dad will change.

2. deedee97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a great relationship with my parents and sibling. Although, I may sometimes seem like the odd one out, but that's just because i'm more quiet then them. The rest of my family lives internationally and they barely speak English. I'm not close to them, but we don't disagree or hate each other either.

3. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I pretty close to my mom and dad, and my sister and nephew. Not close at all to my brother, we pretty much can't stand each other. And, I don't see my extended family too often, but we get along well when we do.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm close to my mother and grandmother. We can argue the toss but that's just how our relationship works. My grandmother can annoy me because some of her views are outdated and old-fashioned, but I realise that she is merely a product of the era she grew up in. Despite that though, she is completely fine with my sexuality. She actually seems okay with the entire LGBT spectrum.

I'm not especially close to my sister but we get along fine, and look out for each other. Our personalities clash occasionally - this became very apparent as I entered puberty. She lives 100 miles away so I don't see her very often, except when she comes home to visit - which she doesn't do as often because she has a boyfriend now. She's 9 years older than me so there was always a wide berth between us in that regard.

My grandfather died 5 years ago - I wasn't close to him. He didn't live nearby and we didn't have a car growing up so traveling was awkward. It seems like everyone else in my family had the opportunity to develop a bond with him, since they lived close by and most of them could drive. They were all very upset when he died - but I wasn't. He was almost like a stranger.

My father is out of the picture but by all accounts he's a bit of a tosser and I don't want to meet him again.

Cousins, aunts, uncles - meh. Most of them I haven't seen for years - not because I actively dislike them, but we just live far apart and have no common ground. Some of them I really don't like at all. I see some of them on a regular basis though.