1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chick-fil-A: Still Anti-Gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, May 18, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So I know in the past Chick-fil-A has donated a lot to anti-gay organizations. I've read some articles saying that they've stopped donating to these types of organizations, but I found one article that said they still don't do a lot to deal with LGBT+ discrimination with their employees. I get Chick-Fil-A a lot but if this is true I wouldn't want to. Does anyone else know more about this and how the company is more recently when it comes to the LGBT+ community in general?

2. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know where I live they hire openly gay employees.
    however, you do have to be Christian to work there.

3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chick-fil-A, they have some tasty chicken sandwiches.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While the company has distanced itself from owner Dan Cathy's comments on same sex marriage, they are still very anti-gay. They received a 0 on HRC's Corporate Equality Index, and still donate to anti-lgbtq organizations.

5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Still not going to eat there.

6. Jellal

I hunger for their spicy cock.

(It's really good, not to mention cheap as balls.)

7. Burnedcloset

............ok (spicy cock?)

LOL

________
    Chow down at chick fil a,
    even if your gay!

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people that go there seem homophobic.

9. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly, the make don't make the best chicken (in my opinion) compared to Cane's or KFC (pretty good though. They're not all bad, just discriminatory and homophobic.(!)

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I usually wouldn't make politically motivated dining decisions, but I have really avoided the place since it was found that an organization they were connected with was partly culpable for Uganda passing a "kill the gays" bill. They've pretty much been dead to me, since that.

Chick-Fil-A Profits Are Supporting Uganda’s ‘Kill The Gays’ Bill? | The New Civil Rights Movement

They may claim they didn't intend for it to escalate into killing, but they knew what the consequences would be. It's like shooting a person, and then when that person dies, you claim you only meant to wound. That doesn't fly. Anyone who brought that defense up in court would be laughed at by judge and jury. They are murderers.

11. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    explain.
    I mean, I go there, hopefully it would be obvious that Im not homophobic.
    what do you base this opinion on.
    I hold back on judging someone as homophobic or anti gay as it really is, until they show me in actions or words that they are.

12. Sevan

Since those quotes, I haven't eaten there. Amusingly enough, right in my area, a Chick-Fil-A opened up down the street from where I was working at the time of the big controversy. I've yet to go there, and don't plan to anytime soon. But my dad wanted to go (because he likes food, not because he supports them!) but couldn't for a while because around opening time, there were mobs of people trying to get in.
    I've been boycotting, though even if they changed their ways I probably wouldn't eat there.
    Just as well, talking to friends that have gone there, Andrew99's statement doesn't seem to be wrong. The controversy tends to draw the sort of people there who apparently have conversations in line about homosexuals (and the like) having no place in society. Now let me be firm and say I was not there and I don't know for sure if this is true.
    But I would logically think that if a gay bar has the tendency to draw in LGBTQ+ members there, then the Chick-Fil-A controversy would draw in people who take their side. You group together when you believe in the same thing.

I don't know, this is too political for my blood. I'm just not going to eat there.

13. MisterTinkles

I have ethics and personal pride.

I do NOT eat food from any company that uses their money for spreading hate and intolerance.

Only religious lunatics eat that garbage.

I ate there once, when they first opened shops around here many years ago. That garbage tastes just like that.........garbage. It was gross, disgusting, and left a VERY bad taste in my mouth for hours.

If you eat there, you are a hypocrite and cannot be trusted.

I don't eat that crap, I don't shop Walmart.
    These places do not exist to me, because they are simply what real evil is.

14. DMark69

The Cathy family is probably still anti-gay. They do still run corporate, however the individual restaurants are franchises that are locally owned. Though the corporate founder's family has used their money to evil purposes, our local franchise owner here has actually been good to gay people. First the local franchise owner has gay children. 2nd he employed at least 2 out gay people, one of which was my husband. When my father passed away, he granted my husband a leave of absence to go with me while being able to keep his job. This was in a state that at the time did not recognize our marriage. They did not have to give him that leave since according to the state, we were just roommates.

Boycott them if you wish, but just remember that the local restaurant you are boycotting is a local business that just paid for the franchise rights to the CFA name, and may not agree with the Cathy family, and actually may be working to help gays in their community.

15. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    If I contribute to a LBGT charity or organization, does that make me a straight hater?

16. Psaurus918

Yes, totally. (Sarcasm)

I'm not sure if your post is serious or not, but do I really have to point out why donating to anti gay organizations is bad?

To OP, yes they seem anti gay, we don't have them here and I always pass by them while traveling. Me spending money there just to have it donated to an organization that fights against my beliefs seems redundant.

17. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think of anti gay as something different, like, if I was donating to a group that went out and harmed gays physically or something.
    The group in question that CFA donated to just does not want the word Marriage used, the same exact union could be created with a different name and there would be (supposedly) no problem. If that is actually true, its not the idea of two men living together in a loving relationship, its them doing it under the same name as the "sacred" opposite sex union.

18. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I avoid it.

Why pay that much money for so little food? My word; one can buy some chicken, cut it into cubes, roll them in seasoned breadcrumbs, and fry it to get 10 times the amount for the prices they charge. It seems to me to among the biggest fast-food rip offs.

And I would not go their because I don't want to support their overall low-wage, anti-gay practices, nor do I wish to in any way to enrich their CEO, whom I view as a hateful, evil, vile man.

~

#18 HuskyPup, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  19. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    They are anti-gay rights. Those groups are fighting against gay rights. Some of those groups helped support anti-gay bills in Africa. Some of the groups supported "ex-gay" therapy for teenage homosexuals, which can be extremely damaging. Just because they aren't physically beating them up, doesn't mean they aren't causing them harm. There's no way I want my money going to them.

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone