1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you marry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 447, May 17, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

I'd consider marrying my current bf ( in a few years if our relationship panned out ) but it'd be less about "marriage" and more about how hilarious it'd be.

*explains*

You see his First name is my middle name, and my First name is his Middle name so...if we were ever to get married we'd literally share the exact same name, but in a different order. To me, that is hilarious and I'd totally marry someone for that reason ( provided I could spend my life with them )

Beyond that though, I don't really see the point. I don't need a legal document to be in love, and I'm not really into the whole "Church" aspect of it.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No ... and no ...
    to marriage ... and kids ...

And I've got LOTS of reasons.

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly, why not :grin:? I get some gays do not want to marry and I see why some may not.

4. Hyperbol

Hyperbol Guest

I have no reasons to against marriage, so why not? But it's still depends on how deep me and my partner love each other and how mature we are to step into that stage. About kids, maybe I can handle one or two, adopted of course but not right after I got married.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've agreed that were not going to say the m-word until after we're out of college and have figured out long-term plans. However if my boyfriend proposed today, I'd definitely say yes. :slight_smile:

No kids though.

6. MisterTinkles

I don't believe in archaic religious constructs that are made to enslave someone to one groups theories of what is "right".

7. tscott

Was married, now divorced. Yes, I would happily marry again. I love it. Married 25 years. I'd still be married if I didn't come out...LOL.

As to children no. I already have 3. No more.

8. deedee97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not ready for any of that now . Probably not even in 10 years , but I can't imagine my life without a wife and kids

9. gorillabrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot ever see myself getting married, Kids hmmm I would not have any babies myself for reasons, But say I got with someone and they have children I'm kook with that...

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definetly. :thumbsup:

11. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not against getting married or having children, but I don't get my hopes high. I'm simply not the person someone would want to spend a lot of time together. I'm not even sure I want to be with someone.

... nah, I'm fine on my own.

12. Sienrar

I'd love to marry a cute guy, though I'd probably be kind of picky about my partner. No kids though, probably.

13. Sevan

I don't have a complex about getting married. I don't care if I do, I don't care if I don't. I think, if it's important to my partner that we do, I will. If it's important to my partner we don't, I won't.

As for kids, I would adopt if I felt I was ready to. But it's a long and expensive process, and I have so many things I want to do. I like kids. I would want one. But I don't know if I'll be able to. I would if I could.

14. ForeverLost

When I'm ready yes. But I wouldn't have kids. I HAVE DREAMS HAROLD!

15. Sienrar

Kids are like a heavy ball and chain strapped to your ankle. Especially when they start growing. :grin:

16. cloudberry

Honestly, I can't recall ever really dreaming of getting married or having kids. Marriage just doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, although I guess if I would find someone I really want to spend the rest of my life with then from a practical point of view marriage may have some benefits. When it comes to kids, I'm kind of undecided. I feel a bit uncomfortable around kids and I don't get all excited about babies like some people do, but there's still a possibility that I'll want them some day. Although sometimes I feel kind of hopeless about the future of our planet and feel like it wouldn't be fair to bring children into this world when I don't know what the future will even be like for them... but that may be an overly pessimistic point of view!

17. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always dreamed of marriage and long-lasting relationships, the promise to e with one forever~..it makes me so happy, growing old with the one you love the most~ I wouldn't care what gender I would marry, I'd be happy with any one.
    For kids, probably not...I wouldn't really want kids personally, but if my partner really wante kids, I wouldn't mind. I just wouldn't want to give birth to them for some reason.