1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 17, 2015.

1. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a difficult question. I'll get back to you on that.

2. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any idoit that will cheat on me obviously do not value their life. :badgrin:

Seriously I inherited my parents crazy...

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cheater (on a relationship) can never be trusted again.

The act of betraying someone who loves/loves you is cruel.

4. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Also a cheater being "genuinely remorseful" means nothing. They might fake it just so you don't kick them out. Even if they don't fake it, being sorry doesn't make everything right. Far too many people believe that an apology or confession somehow redeems what they have done.

[​IMG]

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Until recently, I would have said "once a cheater, always a cheater" and refused to date someone who had cheated in the past. Then a couple months ago my girlfriend told me that she'd cheated on a girlfriend. The situation was a complicated one, so complicated in fact that she hadn't even realized it was cheating until right before she told me.

So, yes, I would. But on a situational basis and only if the person regretted doing it.

Cheating on me, on the other hand, is an automatic break-up, no second chances. I wouldn't be able to trust someone again after that.

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that's your opinion - but a genuine heartfelt apology is easy to discern from a forced or fake apology - to me - and I am willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt.

7. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's the thing if someones love for you isn't enough to stop them from cheating then it probably never will. It is in them somewhere to cheat because it happened. I mean if someone cheated on me and I forgave them I would still be thinking they probably fucking someone else when all they do is going to the grocery store to get juice.

Yes people make mistakes and they are human but forgiveness is overrated. You can let it go after a while and move on which I think is the best thing to do.

One of my bigest regrets when I was younger is not telling enough shitty people to fuck off.

8. tscott

My view may seen hash, but before you are confronted with the temptation to cheat you whether know or not if you're open to it. Before I got married, yes to a woman, we both discussed the question of infidelity. You need to keep the lines of communications open; you need to discuss what you want in bed. We said if it came down to cheating the offending party would be out, because you knew you wanted to before it happened. It also had to do with being honorable with your partner and not embarrass them. In 25 years I never cheated. I did nothing until the divorce was final. I, however, took my vows seriously and would never want to hurt my wife and kids by some sort of indiscretion. Bottom line - Cheaters cheat.

9. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think that's necessarily true and I certainly believe in second chances. But personally, I would have a hard time trusting someone after they cheated and there'd be a good chance that the relationship would be over at that point. Doesn't mean that that person couldn't go on to have a perfectly good monamorous relationship after that.

10. QueerQueen

I would consider dating someone who cheated in the past although I would probably be a little wary. If they cheated on me personally that is a different story and it would depend on the act. Some things I am able to look past if they come to me and are honest about it such as kissing. Any sexual act cannot be forgiven, neither can any emotional or romantic relationship with another person and that would end in me cutting that person off.

My partner catching feelings for another person would definitely hurt more than anything else though. If they had temptations or urges to do anything with another person, I would hope that they would end the relationship before anything else. It wouldn't be fair to me and it wouldn't really be fair to them if I could never trust them again and if I was always suspicious. I'm sure some people can change, but I wouldn't take the chance. My father cheated on my mother and she chose to stay with him, it has been at least ten years and I know my mom still doesn't fully trust him.

11. Gen

Gen

Do I believe in the saying? Not completely.

However, I do not care. There are no second chances for infidelity with me. I do not need excuses; I couldn't care less as to why. The reason is not even about emotions or a violation of trust, rather it is a matter of consent.

When you enter an exclusive sexual relationship with someone, you are agreeing to open yourself up to them alone. If that person begins sexual relationships with other people, then you are by default sexually involved with those individuals as well. I take my health very seriously. To be exchanging fluids with people that I am not even aware of will never be excusable to me. The fact that lies were said comes second to the fact that you did not respect my body enough to inform me of the possible risks that I would be open to.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do think "once a cheater, always a cheater." But this has to do with sex. It's a real primal need. However, we never said how many times. They could cheat all the time or infrequently. Even if they cheat once every three years but keep on keeping on, they're still a cheater. There's no such thing as "slightly pregnant."

This same person may never cheat at a game or on their taxes, though.

I have no use for open relationships. So it's better not to be in one. Too many coupled people have negotiated somewhat open relationships from what I've seen. I think that there isn't much there, frankly.

13. kem

kem

I'm quick to forgive, but I don't forget. Love and emotions are hard to control, and sometimes, we act against our better judgement. Honesty is key.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wouldn't be able to re-trust someone who cheated. But I do think people make mistakes and can change.

15. deedee97

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think this is true. Some people make mistake and regret it, but I could not be with someone who had previously cheated on me. Once you've lost my trust, you've lost it forever, and whats a relationship without trust ?

16. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have cheated for long time in many relationships and i believe i can change. Never been with woman in rwlationship might affect it too to have things result in cheating. I dont belive my fate is to be cheater always just cuz of being with awful people when i were child. Not saying it was right to do but i protected myself and ruined myself. I can start new and anyone else can too.