If you could make a movie...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, May 17, 2015.

1. MrSkittles

2. Simple Thoughts

There was a movie I found one time called "Pi" Though I think it literally used the mathematical symbol for pi as it's title. It was about a guy who used math and unlocked the secrets of the universe and found god, but it drives him completely mad and at the end he lobotomized himself...it was a strange movie, but very well done since you could tell from the start it was trying to do something artistic and a bit abstract rather than something for a more general audience

I like the concept, and while I'm an atheist I actually rather enjoy religious symbolism and themes in movies. Whether done as the "Good" force or the "Evil" religious themes can keep things rather interesting.

---------- Post added 17th May 2015 at 01:02 PM ----------

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Japan is awesome, so I might as well go there anyway. And I'd need people to help me make it, so they'd be Japanese people. I need them to do voices and stuff, because obviously I'm not gonna do all the voices myself, and I should get people who can speak Japanese well, since the movie (at least the original version) would be in Japanese.

It would be... a cute type. :lol: Probably a yuri romance and comedy, with lots of bunny rabbits and such. ♥ Basically I would try to put as many cute things into the movie as possible. ^^

4. Simple Thoughts

I see, well it certainly sounds like it'd be a lot of fun, though I'd have to wait for the dubbed version to be released myself ^^"

I do adore adorable things so I can't wait to see your Yuri romance and all the bunnies you can throw at me X3

I'd really like to take aspects of anime and aspects of american animation and blend them together into a show, short, or movie myself. Try to create something that pays proper homage to what Anime is, but also isn't going to be as offsetting to people who aren't familiar with Japanese culture. Plus I love the idea of taking two different things and bringing them together to make something different.

A really great example is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Wonderful show, I loved every minute of it =3

5. kem

kem

The Harry Potter trilogy is pretty straight-forward, but I'd like to introduce more modern technology elements to the wizarding world, as well as expand on the lore. There might be more muggles involved, too.

The Ables was a book about a group of young disabled kids with superpowers. The interesting part is that the main character is blind, so it would be fascinating to translate his experience of events into a visual format. I'd mix traditional and experimental cinematography techniques, narration and a nonlinear narrative. I'd probably make it a lot darker than the book and target a mature audience.

Death Note is a manga series that tells the story of a straight-A student, who finds a notebook with the power to kill anyone whose name is written in it, and L, who tries to catch him. I'd like to adapt the story, but I'd pace it a bit differently to the books and I think I'd improve the character development a little bit, on both L's and Light's part. I'd seek inspiration from Breaking Bad, with which I think Death note bears a lot of similarities.
    I feel like the story would work best in two parts.

I have an urban fantasy series that I'm planning. In short, it involves betrayal, Great Old Ones, gay romance and nudity, and magic in the form of drugs. I have a shorter comic idea that is the story of a sex robot prototype that develops escapes.

The gay drama is just a general idea for a film revolving around a gay character and his relationship issues. It's something I'd like to make but don't have a concise idea for, not yet at least.

6. Simple Thoughts

Those all sounds pretty interesting

I'd love to see some Magi-tech in Harry Potter, that'd be something interesting x3

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I would make one based on history. There is a need for a good film about the battle of Waterloo or Trafalgar.

Or I would make one based on the Troy books by David Gemmell. The Troy film with Brad Pit in was quite shit and these books would make a really good trilogy.

The Mass effect games would also be good idea for a trilogy.

8. MisterTinkles

Wonder Woman (one movie series cut into three movies, like Peter Jackson did with LOTR)

Doctor Who (you FINALLY get to find out WHO he is and how he got to his position)

A comedy vigilante movie (not saying anymore about that)

my own superhero movie

a special scifi movie

a sort of, superhero movie for kids, about kids

A movie about a special, magical cat that helps people

MY own version of Star Trek (not any of the already made stuff either, something totally new)

My version of SuperGirl

My version of Catwoman

My version of Teen Titans

I would LOVE to make some anime's and cartoons into "real life" movies!!!!

PowerPuff Girls
    SheRa and HeMan (together)
    Notebook
    PsychoPass
    Knights of Sidonia
    Cowboy Beebop
    The Big O
    Trigun
    Totally Spies

9. Simple Thoughts

Trafalgar? Never heard of it unfortunately.

Sounds intriguing ^^

Halo gets a live-action movie first, then you can have your Mass Effect movies

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd make something based on something I've written, either a low budget horror movie or a gaming/survival thriller.

11. Simple Thoughts

Wow you've got a lot of interesting ideas. First off could you specify how you'd do any of your ideas? What would your Wonder Woman movie be like? Do you have a bad guy in mind for it? Strictly follow the comics, or take creative liberties?

Would there be a comic to go with your superhero movie? =3

Now onto the adaption from Animation to Live action...how would you go about doing it? It's not exactly easy to translate animation into live action at all.

12. Simple Thoughts

Jump scares, psychological thriller, or just lots of gore? x3

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    A seventh Tinkerbell (Disney Fairies) film. *sniff*

14. El Extranjero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It would definitely be a campy, almodovar-style comedy-drama with Jennifer Aniston.

15. Simple Thoughts

How would the story go?

---------- Post added 17th May 2015 at 05:50 PM ----------

I love Jennifer Aniston, she's a great actor/tress? ( I dunno if people still use actress anymore but meh w/e )

16. MisterTinkles

Only thing I will say about Wonder Woman is.........it's based on the TV Wonder Woman and brings her into this century and up to date. And LOTS of other stuff I will not reveal.

There could be a comic for my superhero, if I could draw people that is.

As for anime to live action, I've seen nothing in anime that could not be done in a live action film.

17. Simple Thoughts

Well the T.V show didn't have the best special effects ( but I blame that on the time period ) but it was pretty good =3

There will be demand for comics I'm sure, and if you're willing to put in the effort you can learn to draw. =3

Yeah...but most people who try and turn anime into live-action fail really really bad *Glares menacingly at DragonBall Evolution*

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't know...

Dragon Ball Evolution kind of tells me otherwise...

19. Simple Thoughts

lol Great minds think alike XD

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To be fair, a lot of the criticism for that movie is unwarranted. So many think it's supposed to be the later part of Dragon Ball, which we know as Z, when the movie is actually about the earlier part. Yes, Goku is a teenager instead of a kid, but it's still set in the pre-Z days. Hence King Piccolo being the villain.

For the record, there are a very small amount of moments I like. I know, shocking. One example is Goku's "fight" against those guys at school, it's quick but entertaining to watch.

When you look at it like that, it takes a few problems away, but not all of them. Some of the artistic directions are questionable, like the whole Great Ape form and that WTF-Kamehameha at the end. How they went about those are the problem, not so much that they happened. Bulma could have dyed her hair, that seems one of the most easy problems to fix, yet, they couldn't even do that. This is an example of my critiques of the film.

But perhaps the most telling thing this film shows us is, it is just easier to draw and animate something like this, as opposed to translating it to live action. Even though I'm sure I could do it, Hollywood doesn't seem able.

On topic...

I have some ideas, but sharing them, well, that depends.