1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Homophobia

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 3n, May 16, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm Extremely scared of the massive homophobia taking place where I live. I've been beat multiple times at school and people are starting to spread rumors that I'm gay (I haven't come out yet). Any ideas how to deal with this?:dry:

2. RainbowMan

I think that this belongs more in the general support forum than in the Physical and Sexual Health forum. I'll move it.

No one deserves to have rumors spread about them, of any type. What is it that makes people spread these rumors?

Have you talked to the school administration about this? They have a duty to protect you, and I think that your safety is really important. Is there a supportive teacher or principal that you could go to perhaps? You don't have to say anything about your sexuality if you're not ready to. There's nothing that says that you have to come out to anyone except in your own time and on your own terms, even the people that are supposed to protect you.

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have talked to the administration frequently and I am near best friends with the Principal. The only reason we haven't caught the kids who are beating me up is because it's so collective. There are about 600-900 kids in our school and when that one group of people starts it we can't even see them on the camera.

4. CalgaryMac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are the school board's policy about bullying? I would think that if there is a policy the principal is mandated to act in accordance to the policy. I wouldn't focus so much on why they might be bullying you but on the fact that you are a victim of bullying.

Have you contacted the police? If you have been assaulted, I would file a complaint with the police department.

Contact the ACLU and see what they recommend. There might be organizations that will support you.