1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    O.K, so has a bit of an odd moment. Was listening to an English-language B. Dortmund podcast; the guys who were running it were discussing a player, and I heard myself referred to by name (unfortunately my hated birth name that I have to use elsewhere online) in regards to a comment I made regarding said player.

It took me a second but I was like "Hey, wait a minute, did he just...?"

So that was kind of a trip. That a guy halfway across the world saw my random comment and decided it warranted a mention in a podcast heard by thousands. Holy balls.

Wish I'd been using my chosen name when I made the comment. Damn it.

#8981 ThatBorussenGuy, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aha I know! A few months ago I got mistaken for a 14 year old :lol:

3. ilovecats

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing on TV. Hopefully the little lady wants to watch Daredevil on Netflix.

4. TraceElement

Asked my dad for a binder for christmas! I sent him an email with a link to the binder I want saying I wanted it for christmas. Kind of nervous because I didn't ask for it in person, so I can't gauge his reaction.

5. thepandaboss

Probably. Well, we'll see. He has training with his new job so hoping things start looking up.

Not bad, haha. I've always looked young for my age too so that's not likely to change anytime soon.

--

See, the nice thing about having a tortoise is we eat the same thing. Salad for me, salad for him. No special food, no braining rats. There are advantages.

6. thepandaboss

I'm doing novel swaps with another writer. Hate to say it but her feedback's not that helpful. Stuff like "oh, I'm an atheist so I don't understand hell". Not good stuff like "your dialogue doesn't sound natural" or "this description's a little lengthy" but "I don't understand why this character said 'hell'. I'm an atheist so it doesn't make sense." :dry:

7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Um.... yeah, I'm also an atheist and I can describe hell in three words (not counting "fictional"): "oversized barbecue pit". So her "critiquing" kind of makes her sound like an idiot, or at least a very unskilled troll. Just had to say something because really? In a world where Christians are all over the place and this writer supposedly doesn't understand the concept of "hell"?

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need a back rub. Or a chiropractor. Or just a new body.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think my father knows how to be happy. Nine things out of ten could go right, but he'd focus on the one thing that didn't for days. This is really what I'm hoping to avoid. The worst part is how oblivious he is to it, and he wonders why "everything goes wrong" and "everyone is out to get him".

10. thepandaboss

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm an atheist too from an agnostic family and heck, even I know what hell is, who the Virgin Mary is, even though we never talked about that kind of crap at home. She also had no idea why I called a cellphone a "Samsung" ("oh can't it just be a cellphone"?) While, sure, i could call it a cellphone, the kind of smartphone a person uses says a lot about their personal taste and economic status.

I'm reading her book, which isn't bad, but she's complaining about me pointing out some pretty obvious misspellings. So...let's just say she's not a beta reader I'll be bringing back on board.

#8990 thepandaboss, Dec 4, 2015
  11. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to quit my job but at the same time it's a pretty easy one. I just hate losing my 100% freedom.

Dear Eros/Cupid, please let me see my crush again, it's been a week.

So many shows I don't have time to watch.

I should play my Pokemon games, too bad I don't have enough time.

Winter sucks, please let it be at least 40 degrees tomorrow.

I should try and get motivated to do photography again.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a lot of SJW friends, but recently they've been pissing me off. Apparently I am triggering them now, by talking about things that I already have talked about before and never used to bother them... But now these things do...

I may need to rethink some of my friendships...

And of course now gun control is the issue of the minute... Rather than say, ENDA, or employment nondiscrimination in general, or single payer health care. Or meaningful ways to reform police to reduce police brutality. It's like, weird, not having anything to say in these conversations.

#8992 Pret Allez, Dec 4, 2015
  13. thepandaboss

Oh believe me, I know what you mean. I had a "friend" who blocked me for talking about being sexually assaulted (which I can't change what happened to me. I mean, come on. Am I supposed to lie about my experiences just to make someone feel better? That's bull) and for not wanting to kill all cis men.

You should never be ashamed of the fact that you have opinions. And someone who shuts you down by citing triggers is someone who probably doesn't want to have a meaningful conversation anyway. Not that triggers are all bad. But they're certainly misused by a lot of people.

14. candyjiru

Oh no! Feel better, soon!!

I'm so tired... all work and no play, and all that XD;;; Stayed up all night working on worksheets and need to finish them up today... ;.; At least once I'm done I won't have to do any for another 2 months for that academy...

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that happened to you, man. :frowning2: I don't remember if I heard that story when we were in regular contact. Do you feel like people are supportive and provide you a space to speak up about that when you have the energy and need to?

Well, I guess what's bothering me is not just that, but that it feels like SJWs don't treat me like one of them anymore. When did I get kicked out? What did I do? What kind of fucking weird ass turn did theory take that I haven't bought into???

I feel like I'm pretty good at avoiding triggers. But I never thought I would see the day when I would trigger someone by talking about how fucked up the education system is, viz college education being required for a lot of positions. I noticed that even a LinkedIn article was talking about it. But the article was too capitalist, and therefore triggering. Okay. Got it. I can work with that.

But seriously, why am I being banished by the radical left?

#8995 Pret Allez, Dec 4, 2015
  16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so exhausted. I haven't slept for over thirty hours and I've just finished the most physically draining and emotionally demanding competition I've ever done. Pulling an all-nighter and not sleeping on the plane home was a horrendous decision.

At least I placed second nationally and got an extra award, but I'm amazed I haven't dropped dead yet after this week.

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's amazing Karl, even at such a high cost! (*hug*) (*hug*)

18. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hopefully you're crawling into bed now, but congrats on doing so well! What were you competing for?

19. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I had a really weird dream... I drank an entire beer! Me! Geez... I usually can't handle more than a sip (in terms of taste). Haha.

20. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh no, please, please, please don't equate SJW liberals with the radical left. First of all, not wanting to talk about Capitalism is very pro-right wing. In a similar vein, pacificism is pro-fascist and pro-imperialist in the sense that not fighting back allows them to flourish. To say, "don't talk about Capitalism, it triggers me!!" is refusing to name the enemy, the f***** up system that enslaves Third World people

#9000 AtheistWorld, Dec 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.