1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision 2015

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RemakeJake, May 16, 2015.

1. RemakeJake

Who else is going to watch?! :slight_smile: I'm so incredibly excited. I'm obviously biased since I'm Swedish but I hope we win it all. I'd love to see Latvia and Iceland do well, too.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll probably be watching it. Don't have a favourite, though I like the entries from Italy, Norway and Sweden.

3. RemakeJake

All are good. I'm going to find a way to go next year if Sweden wins.

4. Hizaki

To be honest, I didn't know Eurovision existed until last year when I was in Europe, and I still don't understand the appeal. It just seems weird...

5. Higs

It's becoming my tradition to watch it and make fun of it with my friends :slight_smile:

It's so terrible it makes me feel better about myself. Therapy

#5 Higs, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  6. Yosia

Of course I'll watch it! I have missed it once out of the last seven years. XD

I haven't paid attention to the contestants this year though, but I can safely say, England/UK won't win.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will watch, but I really struggle with the idea of Australia participating. Even Israel is a stretch. Nothing against either country, but the last time I checked, they were not in Europe.

8. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Australia are in it!? They might as well start calling it the international song contest now haha.

9. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will watch it like every year, I am really into it...

10. RemakeJake

Yes, Guy Sebastian is their performer and they're actually in the top 5 favorites to win the whole thing. A few months ago, they said this would be a one-time deal for the 60th anniversary but now they're saying Australia will be back if they win.

I'm not a big fan of this idea, no offense Australians <3 I know Israel and other countries aren't really in Europe but they're ridiculously close. You could almost make the argument that they are, but Australia is in a whole other hemisphere.

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Maybe the Uk will get more votes this time then, im sure the Aussies love us :slight_smile:. Imagine if most of the South American countries joined, Spain would probably win.

12. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will watch the Grand Final and the two Semi-Finals. I love the show. I've already listened to all the songs and my favourite ones are Sweden, Norway, Australia, France, Albania, Ireland, etc. I think this year there are a lot of great songs.

As for the non-European countries which take part in the contest, I don't mind that they participate. In fact, I'm glad that more countries join the competition. Australia had been broadcasting the Eurovision Song Contest for a long time, so their participation is a sort of reward.

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I'm from Europe, I find it hard to care about Eurovision especially when most of the songs are sung in English. If they were actually sung in the native languages, then maybe I'd like it more.

14. Stuie

Hush all you naysayers about Australia competing. Melbourne is the second largest Greek city by population after Athens. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Guy Sebastian was the first winner of Australian Idol, so it's on the same level as the UK bringing back Bonnie Tyler and Germany Lena, although he wasn't great the first time around.
    I'll probably go to a Eurovision party, but I'm really excited for Lee Lin Chin to read Australia's points out. She's a newsreader here with a large cult following due to her extensive bizarre wardrobe, but she's also started doing comedy skits recently which are beautiful.

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It used to be that singers had to perform the song in the official language of the country they are representing (or one of the official languages if a country has several official languages). The last time an entry won with a song not sung in English, was Marija Serifovic's Molitva (Serbia), in 2007.

It will be interesting to see how Australia does. I find it to be a nice gesture to have Australia participate as part of the 60 year anniversary.

16. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll watch it if I have time, I love the weirder entries :lol:

17. I'll most likely watch it, if my homework doesn't kill me. Since I'm from the Netherlands, I'll be cheering for the Netherlands, though I don't think they have a big chance of winning. Last year they sent The Common Linnets and I thought they were great (and so did the rest of Europe since they ended 2nd). We'll see what this year brings us :slight_smile:

18. NamesNotJake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is Eurovision?

19. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watch it every year despite it being a complete farce.

Not seen the entries yet, will do come the semi-final's and obviously main event at the weekend.

20. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Although I'm an American, I still love watching Eurovision. I'm pretty in touch with my Greek ethnicity, so I root for Greece every year (even though they've only won once).