1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Father makes Son destroy his own Xbox for bad grades

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Simple Thoughts, May 16, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This was just terrifying to watch. I think the dad isn't just an asshole of a parent but an a**hole of a person because of why he humiliated his child in front of the camera jesus christ. That is so antisocial parenting because of the destruction of property I hope someone did something to punish that parent.

2. 42Bowties

I have no words.....
    This is a ****ing disgrace to parenting.
    First of all, that father probably paid for the console himself, what does he think he's going to accomplish by destroying it? I say the worse punishment would've been putting it somewhere the kid could see it, but couldn't get it. Now THAT can mess with a mind.
    Second, what he did was plain cruel. There wasn't anything said of WHY the kid was getting bad grades, but from the way both were acting I'm guessing either 1) the father doesn't even know why or 2) the kid just doesn't do well and was scared to talk about it. Either way that was a load of shit. From what I gather, the poor guy didn't deserve what he got.
    Third, I've got to give it to him, that kid may not have been able to destroy the second thing, but he's tough as nails if you ask me. I know a crapload of people with Xboxes who could probably never destroy their precious console. And he's got nerve for saying no at that one point.
    This is why I sometimes have no hope for humanity or the future of our race. Because of people like this.
    But what the hell. It's just my opinion.

3. Sienrar

Don't get me wrong, kids can be terrible and they should have adequate punishments enacted against them to prevent future discrepancies.

But I think that this punishment is just plain stupid and perhaps wrong. If a kid is getting bad grades, yes, some privileges should be taken from him, but not just that, since privilege taking alone won't improve bad grades. Then the parents should help their kid adopt good studying habits so that he can understand the lesson material and do better in school, at which point the privileges should be granted back, though they should be monitored.

And destroying the Xbox? Seriously? Just take it away and tell the kid he can't play anymore until he gets his grades back up.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I am thinking beyond this but maybe this kid has a disability which causes him to get bad grades and that needs appropriate attention. Yeah sure destroy the Xbox but let's get at the root of the problem and solve it that way instead of causing lifelong resentment. Parents don't realize while kids maybe forgiving they remember everything their parents has done to them good or bad and this kid is gonna remember this. I speaking from a disabled person point of view myself that may kids with disabilities not that this necessary a bad thing play video games, x box or some other activity as a outlook for this struggles with that disability and this kid could possibly have a disability like I said above.