1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News FBI to probe whether crashed Amtrak train was hit or shot at

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, May 15, 2015.

1. Aldrick

The story was from here.

I wasn't sure whether to mark this as LGBT or General News, since there are people claiming that the guy did it because he was gay and suicidal. This is potentially evidence in his favor. I don't recommend reading the comments though, as there are people trying to advance that claim down there.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this.

3. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A few railfans that I Know told me they heard over the scanner that the other trains reported getting hit by objects, And the fact that I know a union pacific engineer who was hit by a brick that smashed his locomotive windshield. I have a good feeling that this is big part of what happened and the engineer isn't at fault.

4. CyclingFan

Every article I've read talks about how the train was going 100 in a 50 mph zone. Just read one report that noted that it suddenly accelerated from about 70, still too fast, to over 100.

The real scandal is that our national infrastructure sucks so hard and that we cut spending on proven safety features that would have prevented this.

It's almost like we like leaving things up to human error when we don't have to, just so we know who to blame when it goes wrong, which it inevitably will, rather than on taking reasonable steps to prevent bad outcomes.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fox "News" at it again...here is an excerpt from an article on what people are talking about:

She actually said what I bolded above...pure bat-shit-crazy, hate-mongering pseudo-psychological excrement, the likes of which deserve to be thoroughly flushed from the brains of the idiots who listen to this crap.

6. CyclingFan

Oh man, the right wing sites are just full of crazy stuff about the engineers sexuality.

7. RainbowMan

I hadn't heard anything about the engineers sexuality, but who cares if he was gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, or any other kind of sexual?

What I read from greatwhale's bolded part above is pure speculation and hatred, nothing more. If the least iota of "evidence" came out saying that he was gay, would you expect anything less from these right wing sites?